[Chapter 4: Revolution, Ghost Ships, Oh My! Pt. 4]

A/N: sorry for the late update everyone, I had gotten sick for several days and had to stay in bed, only just manage to recover yesterday but I manage to finish the last chapter of the arc their won't be some major just some short scenes of it as most part of the chapter will be busy in other things, anyways hope you'll all like and enjoy it.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□

(3rd POV)

Lucian quietly walk through one of the bustling streets of New York, a place still developing and could be considered a small scale city by modern standards, it was after all the early 19th century and most don't possess the tools to build the vast skyscrapers and buildings he remembered seeing in his old life, he wore a common black coat with a short cape covering his upper body, and a black colored steel cane on one hand.

"The situation here seemed to have been quite positive in New York." Lucian muttered as he look around, people were casually walking around with smiles or unbothered looks etched upon their expression, children's were running around playing with one another, the harbor of the city was bustling as always ever since the last failed attempt at laying siege upon the cities by the british which was many month during the early days of the war.

Which he had intercepted flawlessly and lead to a much troublesome position for the british to find a secure spot to land on, the loyalist are of little help since he had personally dealt with them, either inducing strong emotions to make them feel tired or hate joining the war etc., or just killing those that are quite stubborn to cling to british monarchy, hoping for a more peaceful solution when it was obvious that there was none.

Knowing the deteriorating mentality of the british king, it wasn't expected he would make a huge compromise without being pressured completely by his entire court and people itself which hasn't happened yet during the earlier stages of the war as many were in support to fight against their rebellious colonies in check, however the continuous defeat they had received for the entire year since the war started had made many weary and tired.

Seeing no end to a conflict that was very clearly not in their favor, propaganda and censorship of the war effort didn't help paint a good picture to the public, especially to those who grieve of their loved ones who are either reduce to ash or in captivity by the continental army, it became more apparent to the people of the isle when survivors in much larger return with news that fantastical as they are absurd for the many whom all found it skeptical at first.

But as more and more witnesses share the same story or at least come close to what most describe, many began to murmur of the wrath of god or divine providence at hand with the continuous failure of Britain's own army and navy to what original was just the pacification of their colonies to a full blown war that would either cripple or set back Britain many years with the loss of their American colonies, a price many nobles and the monarchy in Britain are unwilling to accept.

"Well to be fair commander, situation in the colonies have never been better with very little conflict now being seen after the failed invasion of Charleston a month ago." Michael voices out from the interlink communication lines, Lucian didn't disagree with his VI assistant own word as it was a fact even he was aware of after the little show he showed back at Charleston which may be a bit too much for the humans living in the 19th century.

"They become a bit more religious due to that fiasco I caused, then again I've been expecting such an effect would occur at the end of the aftermath of my one-sided slaughter." He spoke with an exasperated look on his face, even he was surprise of how religious those that witnessed him had become, luckily he was quick to act and mitigate it's effect without needing to resort to wiping their memories or altering their minds.