[Chapter 21: A War Beneath The Cosmos, Pt. 10]

A/N: start of the conflict is next chapter, this shows a recap of the past week that Caelus and the rest had been at base and then some interactions before we see his deployment of some of his fleets, anyway have a nice day and enjoy.
□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
(Caelus POV)

"Hehehe~ owner is so warm, oh how I miss this so much." Cheshire rubbed the side of my arm as she leaned closely, her cheeks planted directly on the left arm of my uniform, the feeling would have been enjoyable if not for how close and jumpy she was at rubbing herself on me as though a cat marking it's territory, it was early in the morning only half an hour minute since the sun rose up.

"Cheshire... please stop rubbing on me." I ordered for the fourth time of the day, while writing some paperwork that had been piling up before my arrival, their was so much that I needed handle that it would have exhausted me had I not gain the experience back at the Atlantic, often time my previous admiral put much of the paperwork to me because of various other problem he had to deal with.

It was exhausting at first but slowly got use to it after the second week, I was so glad that I had help otherwise it would have taken me much longer to finish my work, secretary ships a position given to the kansens in order to gain more trust and cooperation amongst themselves and those they are under command, the change took time to be accepted during the first year just right after the war had ended.

"Nooo! I wanna to snuggle with owner more, Glomp! Squeeze! Cuddle! Sniff! I really, really miss you owneeer!" Well I could clearly see it even if she doesn't say it, Jesus Christ she's acting clingy and very possesses lately, I don't whether I should be worried or tired at the constant habit of her's, Cheshire is the closest person I ever had in the navy aside from George V.

"She's very clingy lately, I wonder why?" I thought to myself, Cherish was always a bundle of energy, always seemef joyful her presence lights up the mood of everyone back at my old post, before she was transferred I could remember so clearly her cry of me not letting her go, it took a lot of convincing for the girl to let me go.

Kansens were far stronger than humans and the fact she was so vehement of not leaving me, crying rivers of tears that had wet my entire uniform she was like a little kitten refusing to leave her parent, we'll... I kinda acted as one when I first summoned her, she's often always by my side wherever I go, even when I go to sleep she always find a way to sleep in my room, no matter how much secure I made it to be.

Cheshire even acted as my secretary at the time, but she was a young ship and had little experience George V and a few other kansens had to tutor the girl before she could properly help me, she was a sponge that absorbed knowledge far faster than a human mind could and it didn't take a few days before she was able to help alleviate my burden.

And since kansens gain knowledge the moment they where created, influence by the crew that commanded them during their days of being merely ships, this was one of the fee factors that influence their behavior and personality to who they are now, it made integrating much easier since the older ships have first hand experience.

Younger ships take time due to having a few years or months of experience when they where created, though this gradually change as they are sent into combat, the clash between kansens and the sirens was intense, thus they are trained by older ships using dummy rounds that were designed to do no harm among kansens but still a danger if a human gets unfortunately hit by a stray shell.

A week and 3 days have passed since my arrival in the base, and the first few days was a constant struggle to fix the damages left behind by the previous admiral, which was a lot and having witness it first hand made it a nightmare to resolved due to the sheer damage and excessive use of low-quality materials and faulty equipments.