[Chapter 23: A War Beneath The Cosmos, Pt. 12]

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
(3rd POV)

"Owner~ tea is ready." Cheshire calls out as she entered the living room, it was early in the morning and Caelus was taking some rest after another week and half had passed making it nearly 3 weeks since he and the rest arrived at the base with repairs 95% complete with the addition of more manpower that had arrive not too long ago which eased their burdens.

"Thanks you, Cheshire did you add a bit of mint to it?" Caelus asked as he set the holo-pad aside, gazing towards he second maid, Sirius being the first and busy preparing a meal in the kitchen, the interior of the manor having been redecorated and look moderately better.

As unlike before where it was filled with far too much decorations that it made the place look ridiculous and over the top, even George V and Illustrious agreed with him regarding the previous admiral's taste in decorations which was far excessive, more so than two queen Elizabeth both ship and human the two having getting along with each other.

Which was surprising but he had heard from Illustrious that both queens had been inseparable ever since they met at the time when Kansens where being made as it helped integrate the kansens within society ever since their inception at the end of the great war when the siren arrive and devastated a lot places.

"Yep, just as you ask owner nya~ snuggle heehee~ so warm." Cheshire replied before swooping in and laying her head on his lap, rubbing her cheeks on his thigh as though it was a fluffy pillow, an act he'd gotten use to for a long time since he first summoned her, he paid no mind as he enjoyed the cup of mint tea.

Which helps him deal with his stress at work, a beverage Illustrious suggested to him sometime ago when he had been feeling some headaches because of course it's always the previous admiral's fault, he wasn't surprise that every mess or paperwork sent to him was caused by the man in prison, since it made him hate the man more than ever before.

"So far, the base situation is doing fairly well... once the last of the repairs are done we can finally reestablish constant surveillance in the region." Caelus muttered as he thought of the hanger bays and lower levels of the laboratory which were being fix by Charlotte and her team of engineers, scientists and of course the cute little manjuus helping.

"Did you said something owner?" Caelus shook his head, rubbing Cheshire head as this earned him a purr despite not even being a cat, she is really good in playing as one, which just adds to her charm as his cute maid, Cheshire was a ship compared to others so it's best that he keeps her safe and healthy till she is capable of becoming independent from him.

"Raids on the region had died down quite well for this week... hopefully It will continue to do so." Caelus thought as he recalls the reports Lucia had sent him yesterday, passage in their region have become much safer and stable compared to last week where there was still large siren presence of drone ships.

Speaking of drone ships, the dockyards had been fully repaired and Edward had informed him that they have begun producing several destroyers and some cruisers drone ships to increase patrols and lessen the kansens need to be sent on a daily basis, as the drone ships were replaceable and far cheaper to build.

So he approved of it because they don't have access to carriers and battleship drones since the requirements for such vessels are more expensive compared to the smaller ones, not to mention that they are keeping a close eye on their own budget which is handle by Richard.

Even then... those type of ships are more often use in combat as support ships to assist the kansens, he preferred to use destroyers and cruisers for patrol and defenses as even if they are destroyed the scrap behind are recoverable, even siren leftover scrap are often being harvested after a battle since they could compensate for the lack other resource.