[Chapter 22: A War Beneath The Cosmos, Pt. 11]

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
(3rd POV)

"Sensors detect no signs of a siren fleet yet, Milord." Came the words of Ibuki the fleet cruising along on a relatively moderate speed as to conserve energy and fuel, though the new modifications did made their engines save much more fuel efficiently than their previous ones.

Something Edward had requested to be added since some of the ships had look lacking and neglected for quite quite time as he put it, they were replaced with the new generation of engines that are built by the manjuus efficient and helpful little workers.

Though the base will still receive a next batch of officers, due to the size of the base and being a major naval base the average people that manned it should be over a 1000-2000 last he studied he's currently running on a skeleton crew at the moment due to the past incident.

Many where arrested because they were individuals identified not to be part of the admiralty, which appalled high command when they learned of this, Steven and several high ranking leaders where not to happy that something like this had happened under their care.

Caelus last remembered was that the entire investigation is still ongoing, trying to find the perpetrator that likely had allowed someone as incomplete as that enter, the strict regulations and training that Azur Lane employed wouldn't have allowed someone of such status be able to be part of the navy.

It was an embarrassment that no one in high command could tolerate, after all Azur Lane is a Coalition of nations and the higher ups are made of the best of the best from every nation, the incident although tightly kept was a slap to many people from the other major powers.

As such security had been put on high alert, the evaluation and training of new batch of officers are becoming more stricter and tightly watched, wishing not to experince the same incident again, Caelus though wonder who could have been the cause of the incident, certainly there was a traitor within the admiralty.

But that was none of his concern at the moment, more focused with improving the base and returning it back to it's prime... though he'll likely increase the security and assess the newer recruits that are part of his base for everyone's sake, after all the work he and the rest had done just to improve the situation.

"Continue with your reconnaissance Ibuki, your the only one equipped with the recently improved sonar and radar system... alert me if their's any sign of the enemy." Caelus ordered as Ibuki said 'hai' before cutting off, it's only been half an hour since they've sailed and the situation was calm... for now that is.

"Strange... our scouts reported that their should be some minor siren presence in here." Elicia says as she skimmed through the console, busy with piling up Intel and reports from the scout drones sent out alongsde several officers under her command, witj a deep frown on her face.

"Unsurpising, siren fleets usually move from time to time, they have likely left a while... though they're not likely to be that far off." Charlotte chided she was sitting right beside Lucia, a meter apart busy with her own work mostly whatever projects or ideas she has while also managing a few other things related to the fleet on duty right now.

"Perhap sending some drone off further would allow us to find them, a few lost won't harm our budget much, they're quite cheap and easy to replace anyway with the resource we have." Lucia suggested, while Caelus may be the head of command within the base, Lucia is the second head of command and the one currently overseeing the 2nd fleet.

"Yes... I suppose your right, it would be much more efficient to find the enemy fleet without wasting much time." That got a proud puff from Lucia as Caelus agreed with her suggested, that he finds it cute, Lucia may have a nasty temper but she's not that bad.