Chapter Two

Zoe decreased her speed, taking a left turn, heading for the fully guarded abandoned building. A huge truck was already ahead, making it way through after a search. Our SUV followed as two guards, one blond haired and the other with an eyepatch. I knew them both, Steven and Cyrus.

Two fuckers if you ask me. They were rude and Cyrus didn't like me. So, did I, in fact I didn't like them both. Our SUV window's unwinded.

"Veminez," Steven, the blond-haired guard said with respect, moving up his ID-ing tablet for her finger prints.

"Hy is the one on the match, not me," she quickly spoke before placing her hand on the tablet that scanned her finger prints, granting her permission. "Of course,"

"Your hand," Cyrus rudely ordered me.

"Good evening to you too," I said, placing my hand on the tablet on his hand which granted me permission to enter.

His forehead frowned, knowing he wouldn't be able to touch me, even if he wanted. "You may go in!" Steven yelled, signalling for the gate to be opened. Our SUV's window closed as Zoe drove the SUV inside.

A number of expensive cars filled the underground parking. Zoe drove inside, looking for a spot to park. I ran my hand inside my joggers pockets retrieving my phone. I checked the time. It read, 19: 45pm.

"Are we early?" she asked.

"Yeah, fifteen minutes early," I replied as she parked the SUV near a red sports car which I knew who it belonged to.

She stopped the car, pulling the key out of it hole. I reached for the door. "So, you aren't going to tell me?"

I felt my body tensing. "I'll have to find out lik..."

"Titus," I cut her short.

Even without facing her, I could feel her shock and tenseness. "I'm facing Titus the Wrecker," opening the door, stepping out, closing the door.

"That stupid!" she yelled also stepping out the SUV.

Exactly, what I didn't want. Panic over nothing.

"Hy!" she yelled.

I didn't stop walking. I didn't have energy, energy to fight with her. I needed to keep my energy for Titus. "You won't win!" pulling me by her strong hand.

I immediately stopped walking, looking at her tiredly. "The motherfucker is on mega Knee,"

By knee, she meant the drugs most of the fighter in Fighting league (FL) 200, a illegal underground fighting league used to stay unbeaten. I too used it, so did Zoe but our dosage was minimum since Knee could also turn you into a zombie cripple.

By Zombie cripple I meant, it ate up your brain cells and nerval system making you immobile. It could lead to speech difficulties and memory lost and would end up losing your job. Something a fighter wouldn't like, being useless.

"You won't win," she said worry in her tone.

A smile curled up my lips. "Stop being a cry baby Miss. Veminiz, I'll be alright," I teased her.

Her fist went on my shoulder. "Asshole," a sad smile creeping up her face.

"Ouch," I cried softly still with a smile on my face.

At least she was a little calm.

"Hyphen," a familiar voice called my name.

I turned back to see the chocolate skinned buffy man, with a grey beard and short hair. "Morgen," I said.

"We should get you ready," he said.

"Morgen's right," Zoe added.