Chapter Eighty-Six

"Hyphen," his hand holding my shoulder, I snapped out my memory.

"I'm fine," I lied, forcing a smile. "It's in the past, now I'm alright."

"Are you?" he asked not looking convinced.

I got up from the couch, turning away from him. "Yeah, I'm good, just a little messed up but I'm good,"

"Fine," pulling out the bike keys, placing them on the couch. "Here's your bike keys."

"Sure,"

He got up. "Listen, if you can stay here for as long as you want,"

"Thanks, but I got things to take care of," I said.

A sigh left his lips. "Alright then, just don't get killed,"

A soft laughter left my lips. "I'll try,"

The door on my left suddenly opened, Joe appeared, wearing her oversize lilac sweater. "I'll see you then," Andy dismissed himself.

"Sure," hearing him walk out, before shutting the door. "Is everything alright?" she asked calmly, her eyes tiredly looking at me.

I nodded. "Your bike keys are on the couch," I said.

Her face lit up, moving past me to the couch. I turned around, seeing her take the bike keys. "I've always wanted a bike," she said, looking at the keys.

"Well you got it now," I said moving to the couch too, sitting down, pulling the box of cigarette and lighter. "Can I have one?"

"Sure, go ahead," sitting down also. "Look at this, new clothes, are they yours?"

"Those one you have are yours, Andy got them for you,"

"Thanks," opening them, a pair of faded jeans, belt and long sleeve white T-shirt.

I pulled out one cigarette, my hands trembling. I needed something, something like...

"Sure," I softly replied.

"Are you an underground fighter?" she asked, moving her right leg onto the couch, the new clothes resting on her lap.

"Was," I replied, sliding the cigarette in my mouth, lighting it.

Nicotine rushed through my exhausted body. "I wanted to be a nurse," she said.

I pulled the cigarette out, puffing out smoke from my nose and lips. "Nurse?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yes, I wanted to wear that sexy white uniform and hat with a red cross, making me look like a fuckin hot nun," she answered, lazily, resting her back on the back rest.

A soft laughter left my lips. "So, you only wanted to wear the uniform and nothing else?" I asked, a little amused by what she had said.

"What? Does it sound stupid?" she asked.

I nodded, placing the cigarette back in my mouth. "So how about you? Did you always wanted to be an underground fighter?" she asked.

I nodded, puffing out more smoke. She moved her back from the back rest, exhaling the smoke. "Underground, no, I wanted to be part of the WH4000, be a professional fighter,"

"You can still do it," she pointed out.

I turned to face her. "Not in the WH4000 alright, but you can be a professional fighter in other leagues but only if you agree we leave, let's go to Kingston," she proposed. "Join me Hyphen."