Chapter Thirty-Four

The next morning, I overslept being awaken by Hinto who needed me to help him carry the new equipment that had been ordered inside the gym. "You'll find me down stairs!" he yelled.

"Umm," I mumbled stretching my trembling arms.

My body was in demand for Knees. I was craving for Knees desperately. The pigeons chirped flying around. Happy creatures.

I moved my feet on the wooden floor, getting up. I wore my flipflops and walked out stretching my head. My eyes suddenly met the urn under Jason's framed photograph. My stomach turned, realizing it hadn't been a dream. Jason was really gone. He was never going to come back and I had to get use to it.

I moved down the stairs already hearing Hinto outside. I finally reach the end of the stairs. The gym room coming to my view. A place I had loved but now bringing pain to me. I quickly headed for the door.

I moved past as the weight tools that lay around coming to my view. I stopped and picked them, placing them back in their place before heading out. I pulled the door open.

The world was grey, a little chilly and windy. The clouds grey and I could tell they were carrying rain for the afternoon. My eyes shifted to a truck that stood outside while bigger weight tools were being taken down. I walked over to them. "Are all these weight tools going inside?" I asked Hinto who was signing the delivery form.

"Yeah, all twelve," he replied without facing me.

I moved toward them and started picking them and putting them inside the gym. They were heavy but manageable. I had carried more heavy things to been warned out by weight tools. I placed them carefully near the other four inside the gym. I then headed out picking one at a time.

Hinto finished with the guys on the truck who left shortly. "Do you need help?" he asked.

I had been working in the Monet gym for fourteen years before joining the FL200. Carrying every heavy stuff and scrubbing the floors of the bathroom and upstairs just to get to live inside the gym and get some food.

"Nah, I'm good," I replied.

He nodded heading for the entrance of the gym. "Hinto!"

He stopped walking and turned to face me. "What?"

"I need the stuff,"

He gave me an unsure look. "Just three sachets will do,"

"Hyphen, you know those sachets are for the fighters," he said.

"Fighters? What you trying to say?" I asked feeling offended by his words.

After not getting drafted and getting Jason killed. I had not been placed in a ring. I suspected Morgen had withdrawn my contract from the FL200, not formally I suspected since he hadn't said anything. I feared even to ask him about my career. I doubted he was still my trainer.

"I mean you are no longer in the FL200,"

Wow! How nice. "Not in a bad way but I'm afraid Knees isn't delivered if a fighter doesn't fight, the FL200 have stopped delivering it to us,"

"What?" I asked my eyes widened and body tensed.

"I'm sorry Hyphen but there is no knees left,"

"How? I mean I didn't pull out, I was injured," I asked

It didn't' make sense. His eyes widened a bit. "You didn't know?"

"Know what?" I asked.

"The FL200 have terminated your contract," he explained.

FUCK! How could they do something like this to me? I had done well in the two season just to get kicked out just so easily after failing one match!