Chapter Seventy-Two

I threw a punch on his face, causing him to move off me, blinking. "You ass!" he roared, as I dragged myself to get up.

He got up, kicking the side of my head. I held his leg and pushed him away. His feet dug on the floor and ran back to me, his knee assaulting my face, that I protected with my fore-arm.

None stop, running it on my face. "Come on pussy! Die already!"

What had he called me? My right hand grabbed the side of his belly, that was tensed, violently, my nails digging through him. "AAH!" he roared, superman punching my face.

I dizzily blinked, my upper body moving back, tasting blood from my lips. He kicked my chest as I slid on the floor. Fuck! I was losing miserably.

"You had to really make our job hard? Huh Hy, Hy?" mocking me with my name, a name only Zoe used.

"You motherfucker," I cursed, dragging myself up, while he slid out a machete from his coat.

"Let's chop of these damn legs what you say Hy?!" he yelled, violently moving it to my left leg.

Blood splashed on the wall and floor. The machete on his hand dropped, slowly he sank on his knees before dropping on the floor dead, an axe stuck at the back of his neck. Joe, appearing behind him, blood on her face, her chest rising and falling, eyes wide open.

A memory of Zoe and I in the umbrella club flashing back in my head.

Mother fucker! He was enjoying this. His hand held my waist, pulling me up. NO, no....no!

"Let's finish this," he whispered.

"No..." I struggled to speak, trying to keep my balance down.

The fucker was going suplex me on the concrete floor with tiles. He was mad! I was going to die!

"Hey Veminez!" he yelled a crazy laughter leaving his mouth that smelled like the whiskey he had been drinking.

Where was Agore? The other guys? Oh, there, seeing them up the stairs, watching, doing nothing. What kind of sick friends were they? Why weren't they helping Zoe?

"Hunter!" she yelled.

My eyes met the dim lights on the ceiling as warm liquid splashed on my neck and face. Slowly dropping and landing on the huge body behind me. Blo...Blood, seeing it on my white T-shirt.

"NO!" Men eater yelled, gun powder still lingering in the air.

My head turning to face Zoe, who had a gun on her hand, pointing my direction. Sh...She had shot Dark hunter.

I got up, heading for her. "Joe,"

"He...He's dead," she said, staring at the dead bastard.

"Let's go," holding her hand and pulled her down the passage, heading down the stairs.

She was not safe here, not when I didn't know how many were after me, she had already slaughter Heart for me, I couldn't desert her. Not like I had done before, I was going to fix this, be the friend she wanted.

My Zoe, she was safe, my grip on her hand tightening. I was never going to let her die.