Chapter Five

I watched him enter the prism cage, his fans going crazy, some already claiming he must end my life. Fucked up! The arena was going crazy seeing their Wrecker. "Hyphen," Morgen called my name.

I turned to face him, walking over to him on my corner. "I got this," I said without waiting for what he was going to say.

I needed that double pay check. "Just listen!" he snapped at me.

I went quiet immediately, my body hot. I was a little angry to be honest. "You remember when we did that blind spots chart during our training?"

I nodded. "Use it now, target all those spots we highlighted and he's down for it,"

He was right, we had been in an extensive training routine during the past three weeks, where he had given me notes on how to knock down highly skilled opponents. He literary made a chart for me to memorize.

"Now go do your best," he said.

I nodded, getting up putting back my mouth guard back in my mouth. I turned back and met the beast on his corner as they splashed water on him. His entering music came to the end. A short man with a protruding chin in a white suit walked inside the prism ring carrying a mic.

Michela Dolphkin, that was his name, the host of the FL 200. "Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you on my right, the challenger the CONQUEROR! HYPHEN!" he yelled.

My fans went crazy. My eyes didn't leave the beast, while I moved my shoulders. "On my left hand let me introduce to you the WRECKER OF MEN! TITUS!" he yelled, setting Titus fans crazy.

He moved from his corner. He was the same height as me but he was much muscular built than I was, his body filled with scars like mine. A tat, at the side of his rib of a cemetery and three names that had been crossed out came to my attention.

I had overheard some of the guys in the locker room talk about his tats that they were a dedication of his two children and wife who had been murdered by being burnt to death. I met his bloodshot eyes.

Fuck it, not letting them strike fear in me. I had prepared for this war, I was ready and not even he was going to make me beg down. The host, Michael moved out the prism cage as the referee moved forward, standing before us. We both moved toward him.

"The only way to win is by knock out or submission," he said, glancing at me. I nodded before he glanced at Titus who had his eyes on me, no response from him.

The referee didn't even repeat any of the rules to him, moving back as I also moved back. My eyes lifted, staring at the crazy spectators. I noticed some had cut out of the beast. My eyes met Zoe, from the top seats with the wealthy men watching and waiting to buy fighters.

I could sense fear in her. I didn't blame her, but still, I was a grown man. I could take care of myself, plus...

I shifted my eyes onto my fist. I could do this, yes...I could really do this!

"HYPHEN! HYPHEN!" my fans cheered in the background.

The bell went on as I clutched my hands close, my blue eyes lifting onto the beast that was heading for me. Fuck it, he was real and he was fast!