Chapter Seventy-Six

His shadow appeared before me, carrying the steel rod, "You see, Hyphen, you were supposed to die when that idiot Titus attacked you, but you didn't, miraculously you lost and we were done with you, your career gone, you were out of the picture, away from Zoe, like Agore had planed but..." his hand gently pulled his chin. "You show up again, this time, killing Zoe, daughter of the bugger man and here we are, having to clean you up."

"NO!" he yelled violently moving my hand off his shirt. "I'm just the fuckin cleaner who wants out! I never wanted any of this!" he cried, holding his head.

Four eyes's words came back in my head followed by the memory of when I was in the Diva section police station flashed back in my head.

"Family?" I asked.

He nodded. "She's the daughter of Glim city's well-respected politician Mr. Index," he said.

Mr. Index? My eyes widening a little. Zoe Veminez was Mr. Index's daughter? That couldn't be. "He isn't going to take this lightly especially when he learns you from Fion section,"

I was waiting for it. Fion section citizens were always the less in the food chain. We were known as monsters, who slaughter for black market. With the out-liners operating in our streets was making it worse. We all kind of got crucified for their actions.

"What does that mean for me?" I finally asked.

He got up. "You're under investigation, meaning you can't go back to your apartment until the investigation ends, you are also not allowed to leave your section till proven innocent and lastly you'll be released but should anything come up you will be charged," he explained, pulling out the keys from his pants pocket.

He moved toward me and started uncuffing me from the table. "And one last thing, if you try skipping the city it won't end well for you, there are eyes watching over you,"

"I won't," I replied getting up, moving my wrist.

"So...so you didn't kill her?" my voice came out hoarse.

A soft laughter left his lips. "No, damnit, you the one who is said to have killed her," he said moving up his steel rod. "Now time to end this, wouldn't you agree?!"

He aimed the rod from my chest. I rolled out the way, my right hand pulled out the knife out of my left hand, running it violently between his legs. His eyes widened, blood rushing down his pants legs.

I had got his balls, really good. His grip on the steel rod loosened, it dropped on the ground before his body followed, setting a few dirty puddles on the air. "I guess that for sabotaging me," I huffed the words.

All this long, they were the ones who had caused my attack, the reason I hadn't drafted. Morgen, he needed to know of this. I could get another chance at the FL200. I could be allowed to undergo drafting again, with this story.

I could still be a fighter...but...but after I found the real killer, but Agore, I still needed to pay him a visit. I needed to confirm the story, and of course get my revenge. So...did that mean they were the ones who killed Titus?

"Hyphen!" the familiar voice suddenly yelled, pulling me out my head.

I winced through pain, the sheath of rain piled on my face but I could see her. She was running towards me. My forehead frowned, her shadow near, her hand trying to touch me.

"Get away...from me!" I huffed the words harshly.

Joe, why was she back? I didn't want to see her!

"Hyphen, we need to get out of here," she said, her hand touching my arm.

I moved it away. "You fuckin sabotaged me!"

A slap went across my face, most of my dark unkept hair felling onto my face. My teeth clenched. The memory of Morgen slapping back at the Monet gym after bringing Alexia's head flashed back in my head.