Chapter Thirty-One

Misty breathes left my lips as warm water rushed through my body. My left hand unwrapped the bandage around my shoulder holding up my arm. I watched it roll onto the clean tiled floor. I moved my arm out.

I grimaced in pain. I moved it hearing it pop. A groan escaped my lips. The pain, touching it. It was gone. I moved my shoulders. I was back, my arm was back. I then reached for my bandaged left eye, unwrapping it.

I dropped the bandage on the floor. I blinked. Blurry, its vison was blurry. My sight was slowly coming back. I stared at my reflexion from the tiles below. My hair had grown slightly below my neck, my left eye bloodshot.

I looked horrible complimented by the new scars all over my face, the one on my eyebrow and lip more prominent. I slid the misty shower door open stepping out. Four more showers stood beside the one I was in.

I then pulled the white towel on the hook nearby wrapping it around my waist. I was in the gym shower at Monet. I moved out into the locker room. A pair of new clothes hung on the long metal steel bench. A pair of dark jeans, oversize grey jacket with a hoodie and my flipflops.

My blue eye stayed on the urn beside my clothes. So, this was it? I took a sit near it, pulling it and placing it close to my heart. My eyes were dry from all the tears I had shared but my heart...It still ached. "I'm sorry Jason," I said, my voice raspy.

The memory of Alexia spin kicking him to death flashing in my head. "I'll make it right, for you for everyone,"

"How many times should I tell you, I'm not Morgen?" he asked. My eyes met Hinto who was running toward us, carrying two white towels. "I'm Jason Clarke and when I signed up to being your assistant trainer, I vowed never to let a fighter walk alone to battle."

I tightened my grip around it. "HUH!" I yelled out loud.

Alexia had to pay! I had to make her pay! She needed to be judged and prosecuted! Tears rushed down my cheeks. This was my fault and I needed to fix it. I was going do justice for Jason.

~ ~ ~

I watched Hinto arrange a place to put Jason's ashes upstairs. He had chosen near the corner just a few distance from Jason's bedroom. There it had his framed picture and candles lit beside along some few flowers. "I'm done," he said getting up.

I moved toward it and placed the box of cigarettes and lighter near the urn. His hand brushed my back. "He can finally rest," he said.

"It's just doesn't feel right," I confessed.

"I know but we can't change anything now," he said.

He was right, no matter how we cried Jason was gone but still...I wasn't going to let his death be in vain. He had given his life to try and protect my career, a career I wasn't certain of anymore.

"You should go rest," he said.

l nodded as he walked away, heading for Morgen's office. Even after the funeral, Morgen still hadn't stepped out of his office. I was worried but too scared to set my foot in his office.

I moved away heading in my bedroom. I was tired and needed to sleep. I shut the door behind me close before moving deeper in my dim room. The pigeons chirped as I moved toward my bed.

I carefully moved them from the side I was going to sleep on. I then took off my flipflops, laying on the single bed. My eye staring at the old ceiling. The rain outside pouring heavily on the corrugated iron filling my ears.

One of my pigeons moved on my chest, my right hand stroking its features while I tried to relax. I was to go check on my apartment the following day. I yawned. Today I needed to rest my aching body.