Chapter Forty-Five

I bite my lower lip, while I took off the bloody jacket off and hung it on the rusted steel sink with the empty sachet of knees. I had exhaled it all. I ripped my jacket's sleeve while my other bloody hand opened the tap. The streets were not safe, not when I walked around reeking of blood, blood from my wound.

I placed the sleeve under the tap, cold water rushing on it and my bloody hand. I then moved it onto my trap. Pressing on my wound. Electric shocks shot out as I groaned loudly. "Fuck!"

Moving away the sleeve from my wound. Both my hands holding on the sink, misty breathes leaving my lips. "GET OUT! YOU UNGRATEFUL BRAT!"

Those were Morgen's words and they still hadn't left my head. I tossed the sleeve in the sink, tearing the other sleeve, placing it on my wound, using it as a bandage. It landed perfectly on my deep cut that still leaked of blood.

It needed to be stitched. My eyes met my reflection on the huge mirror written disturbing words with lipsticks. Blood from my wound had leaked onto my pecs with scars. Scars caused by the grains of broken glasses that Alexia had wrapped around her legs.

The same scars marked my face that hid behind my growing hair had. My right eye now weary and pink on the sclera due to high intake of Knees. To be honest, I couldn't recognize myself. I was staring at a stranger, a stranger I was...I tilted my head.

Strange, I was liking him. Maybe that was who I was, a murderer and avenger.

Zoe's killer was still out there. I reached for my jacket that looked like a waistcoat with a hoodie. I wore it, wiping the blood on my pecs with my other hand with a bloody bandage wrapped around it. A knock suddenly caught my ear. "Come on whoever is in there please finish up!" a woman's voice yelled, banging on the door.

My hand closed the tap, put on my hood and headed for the door opening it. Rain poured heavily. I walked past the young woman whose green eyes were wide open, carrying a clear umbrella. I had used the public restroom for women.

The loud music from the Scar's pub opposite the quiet street filling my ears. Men and woman moved in and out of the pub. Four cars were parked before the pub. I shifted my eyes away from it, proceeding to move north.

I never liked pubs especially the Scar's pub. They used chickens in combat. I crossed the quiet street and turned right, joining the few people walking around Care-well street.

This was the better street in Fion section, with less death rate and home to most people. Buildings around here were packed together and I had spent most of my time around this street before I decided to quit all my dark ways.

Myself and a few children from my class would camp around some unoccupied buildings around this street. The corner of my eye suddenly spotted two men in oversize coats, collars up to cover their faces and dark beanies on. They were following me, one on the opposite pavement, the other behind me.

I had seen them near the Scar's pub, standing outside, sharing a cigarette if I was being honest. My fist clenched, stopping. If they wanted me, they were going to get a taste of their medicine. I might had let a few people walk over me but not anymore. I had vowed, No one, I mean no one was to mess with the conqueror and went unpunished.