Chapter Seventy-Eight

Navory Building, the board above shone. My left shoulder, slammed on the steel back exit. It opened as I went inside, Joe following, allowing her to move past me, while I shut the door, "The rod!"

She tossed it at me, I caught it and used it to barricade the door. She was already up the stairs, I quickly followed her, hearing slams from the door below, before gun shots were heard, taking me back to twenty years ago.

Our car surrounded in traffic, before bullets were fired at it. My fist clenched and my jaw also clenched tightly. I hated guns! Their sound! It brought too much trauma. My eyes lifted, my hand pushing Joe onto the wall.

Seeing the huge dark skin man with a shaved head, appear, wearing a black leather waist coat with a thousand pockets with ammos. He was lifting his Mp7, up, positioning to shoot. "Huh!" I yelled, spearing him, aiming to toss him over the balustrade.

A sharp gasp left his lips. The Mp7 on his hand dropping. His legs, landed on the steel balustrade, running punches on my back. "Fuck it bastard! Put me down!" he yelled.

"With pleasure!" I roared, moving my head up, carrying him up with my traps, tossing him over the balustrade. His body dropped on the dark floor with a thud, after a short scream.

My hands held on the balustrade, misty gasps leaving my lips, eyes on the lifeless body with broken limbs, blood around it below, of the motherfucker.

The sound of bullets quickly pulled me out of my stare, seeing the chocolate skin man with goatee, tumbled on the stairs, with a blown head. Joe, held the Mp7 in her hands. For a woman who had made her first kill a few hours ago, she was really good with handling a Mp7.

"Stay behind me," she said. A glitch of Zoe's face, merging with hers.

My eyes widened slightly watching her move up the stairs, allowing me to see herself again. I let go of the balustrade and jogged after her, wincing. I needed to stay focussed.

"Come on Hyphen! Focus!"

Jason's words, words he had said to me in the night we lost him.

The sound of gun shots pulled me out my head. Joe pushed me against the wall, firing bullets below, at the number of men in black waist coats, moving up the stairs, coming from the back exit.

They were many then I had thought and they were closing on us, really fast. My forehead frowned, my eyes lifting to see the fire extinguisher on the wall beside me. I quickly pulled it. "Joe, I need your shot on this," I said.

Her eyebrow knitted.

"You sure?"

I nodded. "Trust me,"

She nodded, not looking convinced. I tossed it over the balustrade, and she shot it.

A loud explosion set out, white smoke filling the air, while we head the men below coughing and gun shots, while we ran up the stairs.

Finally, I stopped, my eyes widening, when I reached the end of the stairs. Chaos, there was too much chaos. Guests from Navory building crowded in the passage, being led out by police officers and men in black leather waist coats.