Chapter Seventy

Her hands dug through the wardrobe, pulling a black shirt and matching pants. "Here," she handed me.

I took them, staring at them. "Don't you have less..."

"No, that all I have, that can fit you," she answered.

They were too...too expensive and formal for me, only Agore or his minion Kukri would wear this kind of clothing.

"The shoes are near the bed,"

I glanced at the expensive black shoes, near the neatly made double bed. "How about my boots, I think I'll stick to them," I replied.

"Alright then, you'll meet me at the living room, where all your belongings would be,"

"Thank you then," I forced out the words.

She nodded, walking out, the room, A room I suspected was hers. Small and neat, reeking of her strawberry scent. I moved the towel off my waist, wearing the black pant handed to me, carefully. My eyes suddenly caught my reflection, from the small dresser's mirror.

My hair hung un-neatly over my face, making me look like a cave man. My eye, blood shot but my vision back. I wore the shirt, buttoning it slowly, to avoid setting pain on my arm. I left the two buttons un-buttoned, like I would do when I was sixteen years old.

I would wear my white school shirt, like this, without my green tie, that I would have exchanged it for some cash to buy, cigarettes or steroids. I took a deep breath, pushing the hair off my face, staring at my face, marked with scars.

Scars caused by Alexia. Thinking of Alexia. "What the fuck are you doing Hyphen?" I cursed at myself.

I was with the same woman, who had almost caused my death. Was it wise trusting her? Why had I even saved her?

"Hyphen," Zoe's voice suddenly called.

I quickly turned, my head to face the mirror. "Zo...Zoe?" my eyes on Zoe, in the mirror.

In her black oversized T-shirt and matching joggers, her curly hair, wild and unkept. Zoe, it was really...

"Zoe you're alive," I said between soft laughter, tears brimmed in my eyes, heading for the dresser's mirror. "I though..."

I stopped walking, realizing she was gone. "Zoe, Zoe," I moved toward the dresser's mirror, my forehead frowning.

No, it couldn't, it had to be real! She was here! She had...

"Zoe!" I yelled shaking the mirror, the glitches of her gruesome body in the bathtub flashing in my head.

Her hazel eyes staring at me, blankly, her face torn by bullets. "No! Zoe!" my fist running on the mirror, blood splashing in the air followed by the shattering glasses. I held the dresser flipping it over, screaming, tears already running down my face.

My nose flaring in anger. I moved the bloody hand over my eyes, crying loudly. The sound of the opening door filled my ears in a distance.

"What going o..." her voice fading in my loud cry.

It was my fault! If I hadn't let her go, she would still be...Her warm hands embraced me, I sank into them, crying, my hands holding on her tightly. "Shh, it's alright," both of us sinking into the floor.

What had I done? Zoe was really gone! So was Jason. "It...It all my fa..."

"Shh, it's okay," brushing my back, her hug, warm as my father's one.

"Come on now Hyphen, wipe away those tears," his words flashed in my head.