Chapter Seventy-Nine

Joe quickly tossed the Mp7 in the nearby potted pant with a fern. We then quickly joined the guests that were being evacuated. Her hand held mine as I tightened it, moving with the crowd. Both our heads facing down, to avoid the eyes of the police officers and the men in black waist coats.

Swiftly we made it to the Navory building front exit, more police officers on the entrance. I felt my body tensing, seeing the familiar officer, stout in his late forties. He was the same officer who had interrogated me back in the Diva section police station, a day ago.

I quickly looked away as we walked out, into the rainy world, using a couple ahead us to keep hidden. More men in black waist coat were outside, all armoured. "Fuck it," I hissed, seeing Dezono on a SUV in the middle, back door half open. He carried a M4, on his hand.

He seemed to be in a conversation with someone inside. We quickly jogged, toward the old grey car. My hand quickly pulling out the car keys from pant's pocket. Joe had denied taking them, back on the narrow street.

I quickly unlocked the driver's door. She went inside, shifting onto the front seat. My eyes suddenly caught a glimpse of the figure in the SUV that Dezono was in. My eyes widened. White long locks matching his heavily grown beard. Mr. Index, he was in there.

"Hy," Joe's whisper broke my stare.

I quickly went inside, shutting the door. Guilt in my eyes My hand trembled as I stuck the key and twisted it.

I reversed the car, my left foot tapping on the floor, nervously. The thought of being murdered in a car, just like...lingering at the back of my head.

The wiper cleaned the sheath of water, finally getting to the street. Dezono, seemed to have noticed our car. "Fuck," seeing him from the side mirror running for our car, yelling, something I couldn't hear.

"Go! Go!" Joe yelled, getting down from her seat.

More men in black waist coat appearing before our car, I stepped on the accelerator, running over them, their body bumped on the bonnet before getting tossed onto the wet road. The sound of their bodies get squash could be heard as I drove down the empty street

The sound of bullets penetrating the old car filling my ears. My heart pounding, Joe screaming, being muted. Misty breathes leaving my cracked, dry lips. My mind leaving this time, heading for the past.

My eleven-year-old self had moved up the endless passage, in my black tuxedo, carrying a black tie on my hand. The loud quarrel had filled my ears, when I moved toward my parent's master bedroom.

"I asked you if you had taken care of it Oken! You said yes!"

"Jacqueline, please..." his hands holding my mother's hands.

"No!" moving away her hands. "I can't!"

My father had sensed my presence, turning to face me, so did my mother, who rushed out, tears in her eyes. "Hyphen," he had said moving toward me.

"Why is mother crying?" I had asked.

He had reached his hand toward me, I had handed him the tie. "Take a good look at this cause when you older I won't do it for you," he had said tying it and then handed it to me. "Come on champ, wear that tie and let's go," he had said.

"I don't want to go," I had complained.

"HYPHEN!" Joe's voce faded in my memory, cursing me to the presence.

The sight of police cars blocking the way coming to my sight. My face tensed as I my foot stepped on the accelerator, colliding with the one in the middle, bullets from the police officers penetrating the old car. Joe on the other hand screaming, hands covering her ears.