Chapter Thirty-Eight

He nodded. "She's the daughter of Glim city's well-respected politician Mr. Index," he said.

Mr. Index? My eyes widening a little. Zoe Veminez was Mr. Index's daughter? That couldn't be. "He isn't going to take this lightly especially when he learns you from Fion section,"

I was waiting for it. Fion section citizens were always the less in the food chain. We were known as monsters, who slaughter for black market. With the out-liners operating in our streets was making it worse. We all kind of got crucified for their actions.

"What does that mean for me?" I finally asked.

He got up. "You're under investigation, meaning you can't go back to your apartment until the investigation ends, you are also not allowed to leave your section till proven innocent and lastly you'll be released but should anything come up you will be charged," he explained, pulling out the keys from his pants pocket.

He moved toward me and started uncuffing me from the table. "And one last thing, if you try skipping the city it won't end well for you, there are eyes watching over you,"

"I won't," I replied getting up, moving my wrist.

"You may leave then,"

I nodded, heading out the interrogation room shoving the bloody button inside my jacket's pocket. I was going to find the killer one way or the other. The moment I stepped out of the Diva section police station it was drizzling. I had been set here since Fion section had no police station. Diva section was the closest section to Fion section.

I shoved my bloody hands in my bloody jacket's pocket joining the busy street, heading up. Unlike Fion section this section had working traffic lights and street lights. Billboards filled the street, few buildings with screens. It was almost like section Yadin just more fun and less formal people.

Teenagers with body art stood filled the verandas, asking people who walked past them if they could ink them. An old woman in a leather short dress agreed following them into their art shop.

"Hey broh, I can ink you cheap," a young boy with a nose ring said, blocking my way. His eyes scanned my bloody jacket.

"Not today," I replied as he moved out my way.

I moved past him. My right hand held the button inside my jacket's pocket. So, this was another nightmare? Zoe Veminez was also dead?

But how? It didn't make sense. I had seen her in Jason's funeral. What was happening to the world? I bite my lower lip hardly, tasting lips in my mouth.

My forehead frowned. A lump on my throat. I quickly turned into the narrow street. Graffiti filled the old walls. I stopped as my left fist moved out my jacket's pocket and punched on the wall.

Deep gasps left my lips, my eyes dry and no tears dropping. Shattered and unable to process everything in my head. A memory of her and I in the Heaven stripper club during my birthday suddenly flashing in my head. My hands around her waist as she moved slowly, her hands around my neck.

She had turned to face me, a smile on her sharp tanned face. My lips had rested on hers, she had held on me kissing me hungrily. Her hands already running under my T-shirt. I had pulled out of the kiss. "Come," she had said pulling me by my hand out into the parking, into her SUV.