Chapter Twenty-Four

My left bare foot with bandages around it tapped on the concrete floor as I sat on the steel bench, both my hand held together, covering my mouth and nose. A few fighters walked in and out, passing glances at me. My heart ached.

I was all alone, they had left me, my team. They had left me because I wanted to make a career for myself, be independent and finally be part of the FL200. I sniffed. Fuck them all!

My ears caught the footsteps walking in as the few fighters all walked out. She glanced at me. Poison in her eyes. She pulled her locker door open. "Give up," she said, her hoarse voice sharp. "Your team left you, you don't look so good, just give up and save yourself the embarrassment."

"Fuck you," I cursed at her, turning to face her.

Alexia. In her red shorts and sport bra. She was bandaging her hands which had chains underneath. A short deep laughter followed by disturbing gasps left her lips. Such a devil!

"I won't play nice with you, your rich, spoilt bitch isn't here to do favours for you," she hissed, closing her locker. I glared at her, too angry to speak.

Bitch? Favours? What was she on about?

"Lexia!" I could hear her trainer call for her.

She moved away, heading away and stopped. "And Hyphen, stay away from my brother," before walking away.

Brother? My foot proceeding with tapping on the concrete floor. I was fired up and hurt. How was I going to do this all by myself? I was up next, I needed to beat her to show Morgen I could do it.

He would be proud of me. I was going to make him proud, proud like he had been when I knocked Titus the wrecker. I moved up, pulling my white towel. I opened my locker.

The pieces of the same articles of my parent's death coming to my view. I reached my hand toward the article near. GLIM CITY'S KNOWN POLITICAN MURDERED IN TRAFFIC AFTER THE ELECTIONS ALONG WITH HIS FAMILY AFTER THREE MORE POLITICIANS WERE ALSO MURDERED IN THE SAME STYLE.

Tears clouded in my eyes remembering my father helping me wear a tie. I had not wanted to go. "Come on champ, wear that tie and let's go," he had said.

"I don't want to go," I had complained.

A sigh had left his scarred lip, bending before me. His huge hands holding my shoulders. "Listen, I know you don't want to go but being the son of an important figure like your mother and I you are entitled to attend such occasions because one day..."

"I'll lead the family," I had completed the phrase for him.

"Not just the family but the whole Yamada empire," he had said.

"Fuck you!" I cursed slamming the door close.

It was all their fault! If they had been strong enough and not died! None of this would be happening. I would have gone to college did my degree and got married.

I was fuckin thirty-two years old but I had nothing! I punched my locker as more tears rushed down my cheeks. Life was just not fair! I had everything but now I had nothing!

I didn't deserve this! Why did I feel cursed? Everything I touched seeming to break just like my life. The only person who I knew as family was now deserting me. Morgen was leaving me.