Chapter Thirty-Six

I moved up the busy street, lights already up, bringing the little section to life. Hookers filled the street stopping cars and men walking past. I kept my hands in my jacket's pocket, hood covering my head. I needed to check if Titus hadn't gotten to my place without telling Morgen or Hinto. They had to forgive me.

"Hello handsome want to play?" one hooker with red hair said heading for me.

"Not today," I replied a little tempted of her company.

She did seem entertaining, her bosoms sticking from the lace top she wore being the main thing catching my attention. "Such a pity," she said, moving past me, her long nails running on my arm.

Strawberry, she smelled divine and I wished to have a bite but not now. I scurried up the crowded street. I walked past the few electronic stores. New posters hung on the poles of known politicians. One of a chocolate skinned man with a heavily grown white beard and long white hair coming to my view.

Mr. Index the heartless bastard who was once accused of murdering a young journalist that had been working on his story of human trafficking. He too was running for the mayor position this year.

A position that had been occupied by another fuckin devil for twenty-one years now. I looked away trying not to drown in my bitter thoughts. I crossed the narrow street finally getting to my street, the Farewell street. The Weight Free Motel came to my view, the neon bold word glistering beautifully.

I moved toward the entrance. A few students moved in the Motel. I moved past them. Their loud laughter annoying. I moved toward the open elevator. It rattled closing. "Stop the elevator!" a woman's voice yelled.

My left hand quickly held it as she went inside, getting up. Her dark eyes widened at my sight as the elevator closed. Well if it wasn't fate. Her dark hair styled into two messy buns in a school uniform. It was the bitch who had grown balls and called me bird man.

"No! come on!" she yelled banging on the closed entrance.

I stared at her, not altering a word. A part of me wanted to pull her by that stupid bag and rip her head out. I clenched my left hand close. Another part of me was just...

"Shut up," I snapped at her.

"If you hurt me James will kill you," she said, her eyes brimmed in tears staring at me.

The memory of Alexia saying I should stay away from her brother flashing in my head. Brother? Who had I been seeing back then? Ohh...

Such a fuckin bitch! My hand violently snatched the teenager's neck. She was fuckin testing me. "You seem to always disgust me every time you open your mouth," I said.

My hand tightening its grip. Her legs flapped in the air while her hands held my arms, tears rushing down her cheeks. Crocodile tears! She was going to grow up and be a deceiving woman.

The elevator opened. I let her neck go and she dropped down, coughing continuously. "Is James still around?"

She shook her head no. "Where is he?" bending before her.

"S...section Diva,"

Section Diva, it wasn't that far from Fion section. I was going to have to pay him a visit. I then moved out the elevator leaving her in the elevator alone. That was what I needed. I then moved toward my apartment. I pulled out my right hand from my jacket's pocket with my apartment's keys.

I reached it toward the door. That was when I noticed it was already open. My forehead frowned. There were no signs of force on the door. I carefully pushed it open. Light from the passage creeping inside the dark room.

My body tensed. My hand switched the lights on, while my eye wandered around for anything unusual. Nothing, everything was in place. My unfinished bike still on it place. I pushed the door close from behind me.

My nose picking up the disturbing scent.