Chapter Ten

My eyes looked out the soaking in rain window, seeing the skyscraper lit in pink neon lights which was a distance away. It was the legal fighting league. The Wreak Havoc 4000(Which I called WH4000). We were in Yadin section. The busiest and advance section in Glim city. It was where most wealthy men and women lived, including Zoe. She owned a fancy apartment around Prince street.

My eyes met the live broadcasting repeat of the match of The Yamigon and Warlocks on the tall buildings. Both these fighters were WH4000 fighters, the best I've ever seen. Even when I was a child my father and I would watch the WH4000 together every night at 22:00pm although mother wouldn't allow it.

I would remember making a gold belt out of cardboards. My father would help me with sketching it before we wrestled for it. Six years, that is how old I had been until I was eleven years old.

I watched as the crazy pale devil of a man I knew as the Yamigon viciously assault the beast of a man with long black locks and scars all over his face who I knew as Warlocks. He was faster than Titus. My eyes widened at the sight of the Yamigon licking his bloody fist after Warlocks was knocked out.

"Zoe, look," I said pointing at the broadcast.

"The Yamigon," she said, her voice a little tense.

"What a fucked-up finish," I said a little laughter leaving my lips.

"Such a creep, no wander Grethorn barned him," she said.

"So, it's true?" I asked.

I had heard of the story of the Yamigon being banned from Grethorn, a country further from ours. In fact, I heard about Grethorn being a place of people who used dark magic, I mean it was rumours nothing serious. The story of the Yamigon being banned to participate in any combat games had gone viral on social media after he had knocked out Canine, the man who had been with the WH4000 gold belt for six months.

I had watched their match and saw him repeatedly ran his fist again and again even after it was announced Knocked out. His creepy trainer who looked like an older version of him had been the one to stop him. Poor Canine, he had been admitted to hospital. ICU that was his condition, till now.

"Yeah it is, the guy is a demon, he's been in Wreak Havoc 4000 for two months and already on his ten matches his opponents have been in ICU or retired,"

"Really?" unable to hold my laughter.

She was starting to sound like those crazy social media gossip queens and kings. The guy was scary looking alright but come on, a demon?

"I mean it broh, the guy is sick,"

"Hey I said nothing," I defended myself.

"Yeah right," driving the SUV up the Queen street and took a left turn entering a narrow street.

Bold neon letters written, Umbrella Club came to my view, with a design of an umbrella lit in blue neon. Umbrella club, I had heard about it, being the lit club in Glim city. Thousand cars and motorbikes were parked before it. Zoe pulled over near a white sport car. My eyes caught the sight of queue at the entrance guarded by muscular blonde men with Agora's resemblance who wore black tuxedos and black shades.

I could easily see the wires on their ears. They were armoured, I could tell. "We are here," she said turning off the engine.

My palms, they were suddenly sweaty as I held on my knees that were slowly starting to tremble. "Let's go," pushing the door open, stepping out.

"Fuck," I cursed, pushing the door beside me open and stepped out into the rain.

I was regretting myself for agreeing to this. "Come on cowboy," she said moving up her hand to shield her face from the pouring rain.

I nodded following her. We moved past the long queue with men and women in skimpy clothing, mostly black. "Zoe, don't we need tickets to enter?" I asked, already hearing the loud music playing inside.

"Not if you're with me!" holding my hand.

That touch, I felt my body turn hot as she pulled me. Was I the only one feeling it? No, we were friends.