Chapter Twenty-Five

Cheers and yells filled my ears the moment I walked up the aisle. A huge screen hung above with the pictures of all the fighters who had made it through the draft. Six of them, Wale the sniper (Chocolate skinned man with hair styled into a mohawk), Crust the Devil chaser (Pale man with scars on his face), Billy the man (buffy but short with a bald), Arrow (A man with long dark hair, stitch across his neck), Equa (A man with a moustache and snow-white dreadlocks) and Dena (A woman without a left ear and buffy)

I felt my body turn cold, seeing the elegant dressed men seated at the top seats, expensive beverages at their hands. The shareholders of FL200 I was certain. Zoe, she was also up there, carrying her belt, beside her was her trainer. The tanned buffy elderly men without a left arm. She wore formally, a black tuxedo.

More scars were on her face from her previous match with Rapier (1.92m man, highly built, tats on his body)

He was a beast. A beast who had broken her arm. I had been there, watching her match. She had won but gained more scars.

"Nothing is fair here Hy, you need to throw that attitude out the window in this game, trust me," she cut me short before letting me go and whispered in my ear. "Heroes die here,"

Her words came back. She too had used a knife to rip the Rapier's neck open. She had killed a man again. Cold and unremorsefully she had stared at me. It was if she couldn't see me at all.

Maybe ending our friendship with her was the right thing to do. "Hyphen," Jason's voice pulled me out my head.

I turned to face him. "You good?" stopping before the prism cage.

"Yeah, I'm good," I replied my eyes lifting to see Alexia at her corner, jumping in the ring.

Her bald trainer at the corner with two of his assistance. A grin escaped her lips when our eyes met. She was hungry for my blood but so was I. 

~ ~ ~

Michela Dolphkin appeared in the ring carrying his mic. "Ladies and gentlemen allow me to introduce the last pair for drafting,"

The crowd went crazy, singing and yelling for Alexia and I. They were excited. I blinked my vision getting back to blurry. Fuck.

I was certain when Titus the wrecker had strangled me, blood had clotted in my eyes setting them bloodshot, blurring my vision. "On my right let me introduce to you ALEXIA THE BLADE MASTER!"

My fans went crazy. She did a back flip and rose her hands up making more of her fans crazier. She was energetic and ready!

My eyes suddenly met the familiar figure entering the top seats. Pale, shaved hair and stitch from his cheek to his mouth, wearing a brown oversize jacket with a hoodie that almost looked like my black one. His gold belt rested on his shoulder.

The Yamigon! It was fuckin him! Walking with his trainer and two guards that looked like them. I noticed Zoe also getting up, heading for them. Something was wrong.

"On my left hand let me introduce to you THE CONQUER! HYPHEN!" he yelled setting my fans insane but strangely their scream getting silent.

My eyes still focussed on the seats above. I saw Zoe's trainer standing between the hungry fighters who seemed ready for a fight before pulling Zoe who seemed fired up back to her seat. A grin escaping the Yamigon's lips also walking away to a seat reserved for him. They seemed to be bad blood around the two.

The violent punch on my face pulled me out of my stare. I moved back dizzily, busting my lip, finally realizing that the bell had rang initiating the fight and I didn't hear it. She landed a kick at the side of my head but I blocked it with my forearm, moving back.

The last thing you needed was a kick from Alexia at the side of your head. They were fatal. Two of the fighters had died in the ring one of them being Zombie. Something was under the bandages on her strong legs. Seeing blood rush out my arm. Grins of broken bottles glasses. I was certain.

Jason yelled from outside.

He was right, I needed to focus.

She landed more kicks each of them I blocked with my forearm. My arm bleeding. She did a spin kick but I held her leg tossing her onto the steel bar walls of the cage. She hit her back and I ran for her aiming a punch on her face. Nimbly she moved out the way, holding my strained arm and pulled it. "AAH!" I screamed elbowing her belly.

She tightened her grip, crawling over my back. "Give up Hyphen!" she yelled. I slammed my back on the cage. She quickly jumped off my back landing before me, assaulting me with kicks on the side of my belly.

She was fast and energetic. I reached to hold her leg but she landed it on my strained shoulder. "Aah!" punching her face.

She dizzily moved back, blinking, blood running down her nose. I speared her onto the steel bars of the prism cage. A gasp left her lips dropping on the floor. My chest rose and fell as I got on my feet, holding my arm.

"Finish her Hyphen!" Hinto yelled from outside.

My fans already on their feet cheering. I moved toward her while she got up using the steel bars for support. I ran my fist on her as blood stained my bandages. She kneed my groin. "Fuck," I cursed moving back.

She landed her kick on my strained leg. I lost balance and got on my knee. Her fist dug on my face, feeling the rough chain under her bandages ruining my face. My hands both wrapped themselves around her waist, locking her hands inside.

"Damnit!" she cursed moving up her knee and ran it under my chin. Pain rushed through my mouth, the mouth guard flew out and I let her go. She punched my face.