Chapter Thirty

My hands trembled as I took the silver warm urn from his gloved hands. "Take care of your friend," he said.

I stared at it, the thought of having a dead person in my hands not sitting well with me. I turned away and moved for the exit but one body caught my eye. I moved toward it. Huge and 1.9m tall. Dark hair hanging out. My hand pulled up the blue cloth on the side. My forehead frowned.

A tat, at the side of his rib with a huge stitch, of a cemetery and three names that had been crossed out. My hand moving the whole cloth off. I felt my stomach turn, my body cold.

That bastard! It was fuckin him! The skinny man suddenly appeared from beside me quickly covering the gruesome body of Titus the wrecker with a stitched crown.

Face swollen, both his eyes missing. "You don't open anything in a mortuary if you still want to keep your innocence," he whispered pushing away the mobile table that Titus' body lied on.

"What happened to him?" I asked.

The bastard had attacked me! I still needed my revenge and here he was dead? How?

"Out-liners, that's what happened," he replied turning to face me. "They took both his kidneys, heart and eyes leaving him lying around the Farewell street like some display doll."

There was amusement in his tone. "What? You know him?'

"No," I lied.

Hinto suddenly walked in as I turned to face him. "We are good," showing him the urn, walking over to him.

He glanced at the skinny man and back at me. "Alright then," walking out as I followed.

How? What was he even doing at Fion section? Farewell street? Wait...Had he been looking for me? He did attack me a week ago at the narrow street which was not that far from the Weight Free Motel.

If he had been that meant he could have...The rain poured on us the moment we stepped out. "Hinto!" I yelled.

He stopped jogging his hand covering his head. His eyes on me. The sound of rain pouring onto the tar road filling our ears. "I need to go to my place!"

"Can we talk in the car?!" he yelled.

I rose my thumb. He smiled and ran across the empty street. Quad was already heading for him with a black umbrella. He placed it over him while they both headed for the car.

People who had attended the funeral were already leaving, heading in their separated ways. I also moved across the empty street heading for the car. My eyes wandered, hoping to see her but no luck. She was gone.

Zoe was gone. I held the urn tightly, squeezing it against my chest heading for the black range rover. I pulled the back door open and entered before shutting the door. Warmness rushed through my wet body. "The rain is getting heavy," Quad spoke softly.

"Yeah it is, for the whole week," Hinto replied, meeting his eyes from the rear-view mirror. "You were saying something?"

"I need to go get some of my clothes from my place," I lied.

"Clothes? I thought you got everything," he said.

"My joggers and bird seeds," I replied.

"Okay then, I'll drop you off there," he said.

"No, I'll go there myself this afternoon," I quickly replied.

His eyebrow rose. "When the rain has slowed down of course."

"Hy..."

"I'm letting you know should Morgen ask where I am," I said.

He sucked in air. I could tell the whole idea of me going alone wasn't settling well on him and I didn't blame him but I needed to go alone. "I won't be long, please Hinto,"

"I don't want to be this person but I think you should tell Morgen, I mean things have been really bad between us all after..."

"Fine," I quickly replied.

I got his point but still...

"I'll talk to Morgen,"

I didn't want to fight, especially when Quad was around. He didn't reply making the car rumble before driving back up the now not so busy street.