Chapter Eighteen

My eyes slowly opened, the sight of the rusted floor being the first to greet me. I groaned, my body aching as if I had been involved in combat. I reached my hand onto the wall beside me slowly getting on my knees.

My eyes ran around. I was in the shower. I had no idea how I got in there but here I was. Pain suddenly short on my forehead. I blinked, reaching my free hand onto it. I immediately felt the sticky substance on it.

I moved my hand away from my forehead and my eyes met the dry blood on it. I was certain I had fell and hit my head on the floor. I held on the wall, staining it with the dry blood that was on my hand, getting on my feet. My memory coming back. Knees, I had smoked excessive Knees resulting on losing touch of the real world.

"Fuck," I cursed, moving out the shower, pushing aside the clear plastic, heading for the sink.

I realized my flipflops I had on were torn already sticking on my ankles. "Fuck it," I cursed sliding them off and proceeded to head for the sink. My bare feet smacking the cold concrete floor.

My blue eyes lifted onto the shattered mirror before me. I quickly picked up the blood stains in the sink along leftovers of Knees. I reached my hand inside taking the three sachets, shoving them inside my jogger's pockets. It was a mess.

I reached for the tap, my eyes catching the sight of dry blood on my fist that I had used to shatter the mirror into a million pieces. A deep breathe left my lips, picking the million pieces of the mirror that were in the sink, pilling them together.

My eyes suddenly came across my reflexion from one of the pieces. I was a mess. My left eyebrow with a scar of my past match with Titus making things worse. For my hair, well...it was dishevelled and hung over my face like I was some creep.

I quickly turned the piece of mirror over unable to stare at myself no more. I reached for the tap opening it and cupping some cold water on my scrubby bandaged hands, splashing it on my face.

I needed to get myself away and refreshed. I then pulled the grey towel that hung over the sink, wiping my face. When I was done I hung it carefully on the sink before splashing water on the sink, clearing every blood on it.

Once I was done, I took the pieces of the broken mirror and walked out the bathroom, entering the messy room I slept and cooked in. I tossed the pieces of o the broken mirror I had on my hands inside the cardboard which was at the corner. I had placed it there and used it as my garbage bin.

The pigeons chirped, while flying around the cage that was situated a few distance away from my bed. I dragged my feet to my single bed taking a sit on it. My hands covered my face. I was exhausted.

How was I going to get to the FL200 so tired? I couldn't afford to miss it, not when it could boost my career. The knock on my door caught my ears. What now? I got up heading for the door.

"Who is it?"

There was not respond. "I said who is it?" I asked once gain.

Opening doors without knowing who was outside was a fuckin suicide in this part of Glim city. "I...It's me James, the guy from the elevator," he replied.

No, not this guy, I thought.

He was the last person I wanted to see, not after what had happened between us. "Leave me alone if you know what is best for you," I said, stopping before my door.

Guilty? Yeah, I was. Going around beating people was something I didn't do. I didn't condemn violence.

"Your bag of bird seeds, you left it on the passage," he said.