Chapter Thirty-Two

I followed Zoe up the empty aisle, lazily pushing the small trolley. She seemed to be pulling everything at her sight. My hand reached for the chilly flavoured chips in the trolley. "Chilly? Really Zoe?"

She turned to face me. "Yeah I eat them,"

"Can't we get cheese at least?"

A laughter left her lips. "What?"

"Cheese? A big guy like you eating cheese flavoured chips?"

She laughed, "I mean even my little broh is better," she teased.

"Little broh? Thought you were the only kid,"

"On my mother I was the only kid but not on my father,"

"So, he's like your step brother,"

She nodded, taking two containers of pringles. "Yeah, the only fuckin family I have that doesn't even want anything to do with me," she laughed shortly.

"Sorry," I said, stopping the trolley next to her.

"Don't be, I actually don't care, I mean I also want nothing to do with that spoilt asshole. To even think I still call him my brother drives me sick," pulling a pack of biscuits before turning to face me.

"How about you? Never told me about your family, any siblings?"

"No, just me,"

"How about your mother and father?" she asked, her hazel eyes on me.

"Dead,"

Her eyes widened. "I'm so..."

"It's okay, I was still young twelve," I replied forcing a smile. "Plus, the orphanage wasn't that bad, I got to beat up some of those fucked up parent less bastards in there."

She laughed. "You're crazy," opening the 200g marshmallow pack. "Come on cowboy."

I smiled, her smile melting my heart as I followed her to the tiles to pay for our food.

The loud thunder roared got my eyes open. Deep breathes left my lips, realizing I was still in my dark room. It had been a dream. I sat upright. My eleven pigeons lay beside me, close to each other.

I moved my feet to the wooden floor. My hand reaching on the drawer beside me with my phone. I turned it on. The beautiful wallpaper of me and Zoe coming to my view. I needed to talk to her.

I went to my contacts and realized I had deleted her contact. "Fuck," I cursed between my teeth.

I quickly went to our chats, hoping our conversation were still there. No luck everything, I had deleted everything beside the wallpaper of both me and her. It was the only thing I had that belonged to her.

"Stupid," I cursed at myself.

I had let my emotions get the worse of me. My decision of ending our friendship I was starting to regret it. Maybe I had been a coward by running away from any sight of danger. After all she had killed for me. She too had her own traumas but never deserted me because I did something to awaken them.

I needed to make things right. She deserved it. I got up and walked out my room

I stopped, my body tensing. Morgen. He wore his long winter grey coat and carried an umbrella. He walked out into the rainy world. I watched him as he slammed the door behind him. A few minutes later I heard his car engine roaring and before I knew it, it had faded.

I felt guilty, he was probably heading out to clear his head. A sigh left my lips and I proceeded walking. I was down at the gym room.