Chapter Sixty-Six

I tumbled inside the crampy room, with a tanned old woman watching television, and a number of cats around her. Her eyes milky white. She was surely blind. "Let's go," the tanned woman pulled me out of stare, getting up.

Her feet wearing the flipflops lying around, pulling a small garden axe with a wooden handle from beside the old man's couch. "Aketo sie grano," (I'll be borrowing these Granma) she said kissing the old woman on the forehead, taking the car keys from the couch's arm rest.

The old woman didn't reply, her eyes glued on the television with cartoons. I forced myself up, holding my bloody right arm. "Let's go," she said, heading out. I followed her out the crampy apartment, hearing the banging sound from inside the apartment of the old woman.

Dezono, he was inside. "Quick!" she yelled running for the elevator ahead.

"HYPHEN!" Dezono roared, the door from the old woman's room flying open. I quickly slid under the space of the elevator, were the tanned woman was inside. My back slamming on the wall of the elevator, my eyes on the angry man running for the elevator.

"YOU BASTARD!" he roared.

The steel entrance closed. His fist banged on the entrance. "YOU DEAD!" he roared, the elevator descending.

My chest rose and fell, his haunting face, still in my head. Silence filled the elevator, only our breathing paces filling the elevator. The elevator finally stopped on the ground floor. I helped myself up, my left hand holding my right arm. "This way," she said, heading out. I followed her out, into the grey world.

Clouds already collecting rain for the afternoon. She led me to the old grey car. She went through the driver's seat and I went in the front seat, shutting the door. She twisted the key and made the car rumble, driving it into the busy street, heading south.

"That's shit, I didn't even talk to her," I calmly stated.

"That's what you say, I mean who will believe that? Plus, I mean this girl is the very daughter of a very powerful man, her father won't just let it go,"

Her father? Zoe had told me she had no family beside a little half-brother who wanted nothing to do with her. I mean I had never seen any of her family photos at her place.

"Family?" I asked.

He nodded. "She's the daughter of Glim city's well-respected politician Mr. Index," he said.

~ ~ ~

Drizzles filled the window screen, one working right wiper cleaning the screen. I blinked, moving my hand off the side of my belly. Blood, came to my view as I pressed it. "Bac...Back at body hell, you set me up," I said, my eyes on her, from the rear-view mirror. The memory of the night I ended Alexia and James life flashing back in my head.

I violently slammed the door with my shoulder as it fell. A woman screamed.

Her scream entering my ears sharply as I took a step back, shaking my head. She had nothing on top, only a thong, hugging her body on the small bed with a light above. Tanned skin with brunette hair pushed into a silk hairdo and big forest green eyes. My eyes widened. "Zoe," I whispered moving toward her.

Was it her? she was alive?

The corner of my blurry left eye suddenly caught the sight of the machete heading for my neck. I moved out the way, my back slamming on the wall. She dug the machete on my shoulder while kneeing my groin violently. The woman on the bed ran out.

A trap, she had set me up. "You bastard!" Alexia cursed pushing the machete deeper in my wounded shoulder.

Her hands trembled terribly, holding the steering wheel. "Why help me?"

"Does it matter?" her forest green eyes, staring at me from the rear-view mirror. "I saved your ass and that should be enough."

I stared at her eyes, she quickly shifted her eyes away from the rear-view mirror, avoiding me from reading her. "Would you have preferred that I let that man rip you apart?" she asked.

My left hand tightened its grip on my lap. "Don't you dare," my voice sounded cold. "I would have taken care of him."

A scoff left her lips. "Right,"

"I didn't need you," I pointed out.

"Ouch, really? So, this is what it's going to be?" her voice rose.

"If you think I need you! Yes!" I barked back, the side of my belly shooting out pain.

"That's it!" pulling over near a familiar place, Joline's comic book store. "I've had it with you, get out!"

"I should be killing you," I said through gritted teeth, holding in the pain.

"Excuse me?" she huffed.

"You fucked me up with your girlfriend, Alexia, I should also rip your fuckin face off," I said between gasps.

"Get out!" she yelled, unlocking the doors

My forehead frowned, my right fist dug on the dash board. Misty gasps leaving my lips. Her eyes widened. My hand trembled, moving my fist off the dash board. A dent left on it.

"GET OUT! YOU UNGRATEFUL BRAT!" he roared wiping the blood from his busted lip.

Morgen's words flashed in my head. What was wrong with me? My heart feeling like sharp nails were nailed on it. I left out deep breathes. My left hand pushing the door open, stepping out.

Rain poured heavily, my feet trembling, as I moved, my eyes blinking. The world around me turning outside down, landing on my face on the puddle of water, splashing on the air. My body shutting.