Chapter Sixty-Five

Gun shoots filled the air as I speared him onto the floor, the Glock 17, on his hand sliding across the wooden floor. "Get the fuckin gun!" I yelled at the tanned woman on the corner.

"YOU BASTARD!" the huge man roared, punching my face, and pushed me off him. His face...feeling familiar and...

He was heading for his Glock 17. I pulled him by his coat. "THE FUCKIN GUN! GET IT!"

The huge man kicked my face, I let his coat go, checkered stars appearing on my vision. I blinked. The blurry vision of the tanned woman, holding the Glock 17, pointing it at the huge man, coming to my view.

"Give back my weapon you bitch!" the huge man roared, getting on his feet, wiping the blood from his busted lip.

"Get back! Or I'll shoot," the tanned woman warned, moving back. Her hands trembling terribly.

A soft mocking laughter left the huge man. "I mean it! get out of here or I'll shoot you," she demanded.

"So, you are his bitch?" slapping the pistol 17 from her hands. It slid on the floor, further away from them.

He snatched her by the neck, raising her up, in the air.

"Let her go!" I yelled, helping myself up, my vision still fuzzy but better than last time. "You're after me, not her."

He turned to face me, his hand still on the woman's neck. "You're right, but first I got to hurt you where it hurts the most, your heart like you did, to me," he said, his voice cold.

What was he on about?

"I don't know you," I said, spitting out the blood from my mouth. "You clearly are mistaking me.

"Dezono Index," he said. My eyes widened, my body stiffening.

Dezono? Index? the memory of the conversation with Zoe in Xavier's super market flashed in my head.

My cheeks flushed red in embarrassment. "Come on Zoe,"

She laughed, "I mean even my little broh is better," she teased.

"Little broh? Thought you were the only kid,"

"On my mother I was the only kid but not on my father,"

"So, he's like your step brother,"

She nodded, taking two containers of pringles.

"The younger brother of Zoenira," he replied, his sharp face coming to my view. Hazel eyes, soo...

"So, you're Zoe's half-brother, guess I was waiting for a less big man, you see," I said, my hands clenching, moving up to a battle stance, my right feet moving back. His eyes were hungry for my blood, no matter what I was going to tell him, he was ready to kill me.

He grinned. "I wouldn't say the same, Hyphen Yamada,"

My forehead frowned. He knew my hidden last name...how? I had kept it hidden for years... He violently tossed the woman at me. My hands quickly caught her.

Her force pushing me back, my body getting slammed on the cracked window. A sharp gasp left my lips accompanied by the woman in my hand's scream, who smelled of strawberries. The side of a belly also stung in pain.

My eyes suddenly caught sight of Dezono who was before us. "Fuck!"

He speared me out the window, the glasses of the window shattering filling my ears, my grip around the woman, tightening around her small body, her boxed scream heard from the distance. Air rushing through my lungs while I watched him, standing near the window, while we fell.

~ ~ ~

Ten-year-old me, stared out the window, seeing the black sport car with red tyre rims, drive through the driveway. I quickly jumped off my big bed, landing on my bare feet and ran out. Running down the stairs, avoiding colliding with the adults around the stairs

My heart racing, finally jumping on the end of the stairs, entering the large living room, with a chandelier. Adults filled the room, laughing and drinking wine. A few children in formal clothes moved around.

The front door opened, the tall huge figure in a black tuxedo, appeared. "Uncle!"

My eyes shot open. My right hand quickly holding on the small window pane that came to my view first. Shocks on my arm shooting in. I grimaced in pain.

The woman slipping as a scream left her lips. My left hand catching her wrist, with a number of bracelets. I groaned through the shocks from the gun wound on the side of my belly.

Her weight, it was causing pain to my shot belly. "Hold on!" I yelled.

"Oh god!" she cried, looking down.

"Hey, don't fuckin look down!"

"Fuck you!" she cursed.

My forehead frowned, my grip on her wrist loosening but I held her hand quickly. She screamed. So ungrateful. "Told you not to look down," I spoke through gritted teeth, looking up, seeing the bastard, moving his head out the window.

"Fuck," I cursed, shifting my eyes around for a safe place to land.

The open window beside me, caught my eye. My grip on the pane, getting loose. I wasn't going to be able to keep holding on any longer. "Hey!" looking down.

She looked up at me, my eyes realizing, she had a nose ring. "I'm going to try get you up, on that window!"

"That's crazy!" she yelled back.

Gun shots suddenly caught my ears, seeing the built-on walls fans above dropping onto the street below, a street filled with people, watching and gasping. "FUCK!" I heard him yell, knowing well that his Glock 17 was out of bullets.

This was the perfect time. "There we go!" moving my left hand up, carrying her weight up.

She screamed, "Grab the window!" I yelled.

Her hand quickly held the window, my grip on her hand loosening. She held on it with both hands, climbing through it. A sigh left my lips. My ears suddenly caught the loud banging sound above.

I lifted my eyes, up. "You better be kidding me," I said through gritted teeth, seeing Dezono, jumping from one fan implanted on the walls to the next, heading down to where I was.

I moved my left hand on the window pane, moving towards the window I had helped the tanned woman in. She appeared from the window, her hands holding my arms. "Come on! Hold on!" she yelled, dragging me up.

I stared at her.

"Come on cowboy,"

Zoe's words flashed back in my head.