Chapter Eighty-One

Fourteen-year-old me, had ran up the narrow street, Andy behind me. "Move Hyphen!" he had yelled, fear in his tone.

The yells and dog barking had filled my ears. They had been a gun shot and I immediately stopped, turning to find Andy lying down. "ANDY!" I had screamed.

My foot quickly stepped on the brakes, getting back to the presence. He got tossed off the car, landing before our car. I coughed, my body sinking back onto the seat. "Jo..." my hand reached for her pulse. Breathing, she was just knocked out, nothing serious.

My eyes caught the SUVs and police cars heading for our car, from the rear-view mirror. My hand twisted the key making the engine rumble, seeing Dezono, getting up, from ahead us, cars driving past.

He turned to face me, as I made the engine rumble, loudly. My face tensed. "GO AHEAD!" he yelled, his teeth filled with blood. His face masked with pain and hate. "FINISH ME COWARD!"

Fuck him! My foot stepping on the accelerator, heading straight for him.

"Yeah, the only fuckin family I have that doesn't even want anything to do with me," she laughed shortly.

Zoe's words came to my mind. "HUH!" I screamed, Dezono's figure getting near.

No! I twisted my car past him, speeding away. I couldn't. Zoe, she loved him! I couldn't just...I mean he was a child, mislead, we were both looking for Zoe's killer.

He wasn't the enemy here. Hearing gun shots fired at our car, by the men in black SUVs. My eyes on the side mirror, seeing him standing as the police cars and SUVs drove past him.

I shifted my eyes off him, speeding past every car before me. Finally, our car driving out the tunnel into the beautiful King street, still in section Yadin section. Buildings taller then those of any section, with screens broadcasting WH4000 live and the mayor's promotion advert for him to be voted for.

People filled these streets, carrying umbrellas, neon lights of different shades creating hues. This was the most beautiful part of Glim city, and where most politicians and wealthy people lived and also big companies were found.

My eyes lifted, the skyscraper lit in pink neon which was a distance away, reflected in my eyes. It was the legal fighting league. The WH4000. A distance away, but the nearest I had ever got to, in eighteen years.

I quickly took a narrow street, applying brakes, setting all lights off. My eyes shifting onto the side mirror. The four SUVs and police cars suddenly drove past. My lips letting out deep breathes. I glanced at Joe, who was still out-conscious. She was a strong woman.

She had done enough now. I pulled the lilac wool sweater from the back seat, that was not damaged, like the seat. I gently covered Joe with it. She needed to rest. My eyes meeting her bloody shoulder.

I still needed to take care of her would, picking the bandage she had dropped on the floor. I wrapped it around her shoulder, I needed to stop the bleeding. I used my teeth to cut the bandage. Carefully I tucked it. I then made the car rumble driving deep into the dark narrow street, a street I had been in.