Chapter Forty-Three

"Zoe Veminez is dead, someone murdered her an..." I found it hard to complete my sentence.

"You shouldn't have gone anywhere," he said calmly.

"Are you hearing me?!" I asked my voice a little raspy but loud. "Her jaw was ripped out and nine-gun shots before dumped in my apartment's bathtub, naked."

"Leave Hyphen," he said solemnly.

My forehead frowned. "Leave my gym, you are no longer welcome here,"

"You can't do that!" I yelled in tears. "I brought her head so we can both move on!"

I tossed the head toward him. It landed before his feet.

"You are just too stupid! You don't realize what you've done!" he snapped at me.

"Isn't this what you wanted? Closure?"

"I never sent you to kill!" he snapped back. "You have disobeyed me for the very last my boy!"

"You are not fair!" I cried.

"Fair?" he asked moving close to me. Don't you dare say those words on me! I warned you so many times, stay away from that troublesome girl Hyphen! I even spoke to her trainer to talk to her because I knew she was trouble, trouble that got people killed! But no! You had to go around sniffing for trouble!"

A bitter laughter left his lips. "Friend? Friends don't use each other! So, don't tell me of a friend!"

Used each other? I never used her so did she. She might had offered to help me more then I shouldn't have accepted but she was a friend. I would pay her back by buying her something that costed the same amount of money she had used on me.

"I wanted to protect you, but it seems I've failed, you've brought enough trouble Hyphen, you cannot stay here!"

"You can't kick me out, I have nowhere to go, my place is under investigation, please Morgen, you're all I got,"

Ouch! My heart feeling like a razor blade had just traced it.

"SHUT UP!" my fist digging on his face.

His feet slid on the floor and stopped. My eyes widened, tears running down my cheeks involuntary. "I di..."

I had laid a hand on the man who had raised me. "I'm sor..."

he roared wiping the blood from his busted lip.

I quickly stormed out, running into the pouring rain. What had I done? The thunder roared terribly. My chest burned as I took a narrow street on my right.