Chapter 42

"Her body, just like, lifted into the air and, uh…and she just, like, hung there. In the air. And her bones uh, she…" Eddie's stare never met anyone's as he sat in front of the group, recalling the night he watched Chrissy Cunningham die in front of him in his trailer.

He shut his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows as he let out soft whimpers, "her bones started to snap." He gently cringed back, not being able to get rid of the sound of her breaking bones out of his head. 

"Her eyes, man. It… it was like there was something, like inside her head, pulling," he motioned  with his hands, "I… I didn't know what to do, so I…" he fell silent for a second. "I ran away. I left her there." Julia's heart ached for him as Eddie looked at the group.

"You all think I'm crazy right?" He scoffed, raising his hand up to his face.

"No. We don't think you're crazy." Dustin tried to say before Eddie yelled out, "don't bullshit me man! I know how this sounds."

"We're not bullshitting you."

"We believe you." Eddie exhaled but still shook his head. "Look, what I'm about to tell you might be… a little difficult to take."

"Okay."

"You know how people say Hawkins is… cursed? They're not way off. There's another world. A world hidden beneath Hawkins. Sometimes it bleeds into ours."

"Like ghosts and shit?" Eddie asked, a bit confused.

"There are some things worse than ghosts." Max gently spoke up.

"These monsters from this other world… we thought they were gone. But they've come back before. And that's why we needed to find you." Dustin finished.

"If they're back again, we need to know as soon as possible." Julia spoke up, offering her unopened water bottle to Eddie who hastily reached for it and yanked it out of her grip. "I'm sorry… thank you." He whispered.

"That night, did you see anything?" Robin asked after Eddie gulped down half of the water bottle. "Dark particles, maybe?" The redhead asked the boy who just shook his head no.

"It could almost look like dust, swirling dust." Dustin tried again to help his friend remember anything like that. "No man there was nothing you could see, or touch. Y'know I tried to wake her man. She couldn't move. It was like she was stuck in a trance or something."

"Or under a spell."

" a curse."

"Vecna's curse."

"Who's Vecna?" Steve spoke for the first time since Eddie released him from his grip. "An undead creature of great power." "A spell caster." "A dark wizard." 

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

The next day the group went and collected food and supplies for Eddie whose last meal was a week old burger and a half drunk beer. Dustin kicked open the door to the gray shed frightening Eddie.

The curly haired boy and his sister trailed in followed by everyone else, lifting up their hands that contained the bags full of food. "Delivery service."