chapter 15

Dustin dropped 3 buckets on red meat down onto the pavement. Julia leaned against the side of the car, watching the guys handle the weapons.

Lucas spoke to Dustin through his walkie-talkie telling him his sister turned his off. "I'll explain later just meet me, Julia and Steve at the old junkyard. And bring your binoculars and wrist rocket."

Julia carried her bucket of meat, adjusting her yellow gloves. She dropped a piece of meat every few steps, trailing behind the boys.

"Let me get this straight. You kept something you knew was probably dangerous, putting yourself, your mom and your sister in danger, in order to impress a girl who... who you just met?"

"Alright, that's grossly oversimplifying things." " I mean why would a girl like some nasty anyway." "Hes got a point Dust." Julia called out.

"An interdemensional slug? Because its awesome." She rolled her eyes at her brothers nonsense. "Well even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't, I just feel like you're trying way too hard."

"Well not everyone can have your perfect hair, alright?" "It's not about the hair, man. The key with girls is just... acting like you don't care." Julia scoffed at his comment.

"Even if you do?" "Exactly. It drives them nuts." "Then what?" "You just wait until uh, until you feel it." "Feel what?" Julia listened closely to the convorsation.

"It's like before its gonna storm, you know? You can't see it, but you can feel it like this uh, electricity, you know?" "Oh like in the electromagnetic field when the clouds-"

"no, no no, like a... sexual electricity." "Oh." "You feel that, and then you make your move." "That's when you kiss her?" "Woah slow down, Romeo." "Sorry." Dustin looked down to hide his pink cheeks.

"Sure, some girls, they want you to be aggressive. You know, strong, hot and heavy, like a, like a lion. But others you gotta be slow, you gotta be stealthy, like a ninja."

"What type is Nancy?" Dustin asked, Julia sent daggers at the back of her brothers head. "Nancy's different. She's different than other girls." Julia held everything in her body back as she resisted rolling her eyes.

"This girl is special too, you know. Its just something about her." Julia smiled to herself at the though of her brother having a crush. "Woa. Woah. Hey, hey."

"What?" "You're not falling in love with this girl, are you?" "No, no." "Okay good, don't." "I won't." "She's only gonna break your heart. And you're too young for that shit."

Julia stopped walking and scoffed. "You're unbelievable Steve Harrington." Dustin and Steve turned around to look at the girl. "What do you mean?" Julia sarcastically laughed, she's had it.

She's had enough of hiding behind not caring, she was too scared to admit she has feelings for him, but fuck it. She didn't want to keep living with this endless pit in her stomach.

"You come to me crying after Nancy tells you she doesn't love you. You're broken and I can tell you are. But here you are going to her fucking house apologizing for something that wasn't your fucking fault! You're crawling back to her even though this isn't the first time you've faught!" Julia raised her voice, tears threatening to spill.