chapter 21

Julia gasped as the flames sparked a huge fuse. The heat causing her to flinch. "Let's go! Lets go!" Steve yelled at everyone as they flead the scene.

Steve's hand immediately looked for Julia's as they sped through the tunnels. They ran side by side with the kids, flinching at the screeching each vine was making.

"Oh my god oh my god oh my god." Steve was yelling as he followed the map.

Mike tripped over a stump, he colasped to the ground, vines quickly wrapped around his legs as he begged for help.

"Mike!" Everyone yelled, running back to him. Steve lifted his nail base ball bat up, slamming it down on the vine, cutting it off his grip. The kids helped Mike up as everyone asked if he was okay.

"Guys we gotta go!" Dustin yelled, only to be interrupted by a familiar screeching sound. Julia's first instinct was to run for her fucking life, but the mother side of her shoved the kids behind her as Steve raised his back.

"Dart?" Dustin called, moving from behind Julia. "Dustin get back-" Julia tried to reason with her brother as he got closer to the demodog. "Trust me Jules." He gave her a thumbs up behind his back, careful not to startle Dart

"Hey. It's me. It's just your friend. Its Dustin." He removed his mask, allowing the creature to see his familiar face.

"Will you let us pass?" He asked it. Dart growled, his face opening up showing his terrifying teeth. Julia's hand clasped around Steve's arm, her heart pounding in her chest.

"Okay. Okay, Julia and I are sorry about the storm cellar. That was a pretty douchey thing to do. You hungry? Yeah?" He removed his backpack, ignoring the comment about him being crazy from Lucas.

"I've got our favorite. See? Nougat." Dart sniffed the air for a second as Dustin unwrapped the candy bar. He placed it on the ground, signaling for the group to go around him.

Dustin stood up, looking at Dart one last time, "Goodbye, buddy."

Everyone ran but fell over as the tunnels began to rumble. "What was that?" Max asked as she regained her balance.

A loud schreech of Demodogs roars echoed off the walls. "They're coming." Julia whispered quietly, wishing this was just a bad dream.

"Run! Run!" Mike yelled at everyone as the screeching got closer.

"Go, go, go!!" Julia yelled as the kids made it to the rope to hoist themselves up.

One by one Steve helped lift the kids up so they could climb up the rope. Max, Lucas, and Mike made it safely to the top.

The growls got louder as the monsters seemed to be quickly approaching Steve, Dustin and Julia. Steve stood in front of the Henderson siblings. Julia's hand clutching Steve's jacket, the other on her brothers shoulder.

If she was going to die right then and there, she was going to with two people she loves most.

The shadows of the demodogs appeared, Julia shut her eyes and was braced for the pain to be teared apart by the flesh eating monster, but it never came.

The demodogs ran, pushing past the three of them. Julia stood there, afraid to move. Her heart palpitating out of her chest as she attempted to catch her breath.

Steve held onto Julia and Dustin as the last few dogs ran past them. Julia tried to process what had just happened. Actually, she tried to process everything that happened within the last month.

Dustin pulled himself up the rope, slipping a bit but catching himself. Steve offered a hand to help Julia up. He wrapped his arms below her waist and hoisted herself up.

Steve lifted himself up the rope, grabbing onto Max and Mike's hands to help him get onto the ground. The headlights to Billy's car brightened intensely, blinding everyone for a moment.

The beams died down, "she did it. El did it." Julia smiled to herself. Mike turned to her happily, giving her a  hug.  Everyone celebrated giving each other hugs, smiling that this was finally over.

Steve pulled Julia behind his car, giving her the tightest hug he possibly could. " We made it." He smiled into her hair, enjoying the feeling of her laughing softly in his neck.

He tangled his fingers in her hair and just held her there in that hug. Her hands tightened desperately around his jacket, thankful that everyone was alive and safe. "We did it." She softly muttered.

1 more chapter after this😭 If you guys like this story I might make more chapters for season 3!