Chapter 23

Julia was currently driving back from Ohio after taking a trip to a college. She had been gone for only a week making her miss her job, her family, and her friends, especially her boyfriend Steve Harrington.

Her brother Dustin was at camp Know Where, where he was able to let his inner engineer shine and meet new people who like the same things he does.

Julia's mind wondered to ideas about college as she drove down the road. She planned on taking a year or two off so she could get enough money to make sure she can actually pay for it.

She didn't want to go to a fancy college. In fact if she did go to one it would be the community college that's not far from her house.

Her mind changed thoughts and pictured her boyfriend Steve Harrington. Julia recently got employed at 'Scoops Ahoy' at the new Starcourt mall. Along with Steve, Julia became friends with Robin, a girl who Julia had spoken to few times in high school. The two girls connected instantly after they teased Steve in his uniform for 20 minutes straight.

"Wow. Uh. You look really... uh.. sexy?" Julia questioned rather than stated after Steve sheepishly walked out in his sailors uniform.

"Maybe you guys can do some roleplay thing in these."

"Robin!" The two teenagers gaped at the girl who just shrugged.

"What? Like he's a scrawny popeyes and like eating the spinach didn't help and he's all sad so you go to comfort him and then, well you know."

The girl smiled to herself as she saw the sign, 'Welcome to Hawkins, Indiana
Drive safe!'

She checked the clock to see it was 4 p.m. which means the mall was still open. She decided to stop by and surprise her two co-workers

30 minutes later she pulled into the parking lot and spent 10 minutes trying to find a damn parking space. After waiting for someone to leave their space she immediately pulled into it, ignoring the glare of the other car that tried to park there.

Grabbing her wallet she walked into the mall and headed towards Scoops Ahoy. Robin was at the counter. serving a sample to Lucas's little sister Erica who had a small possy of girls with her.

Robin spotted Julia and shooed the group of young girls away. Robin hopped over the counter and embraced her friend in a hug.

"Never. Ever. Leave me by myself with Steve Harrington for more than a day. I don't know who I am anymore." Robin breathed out, dramatically holding Julia's shoulders.

The brunette girl jokingly rolled her eyes, "speaking of where is he?"

"In the back. Probably asleep. Here just ring this constantly. He hates it." Robin handed her a white bell from the counter.

Julia pressed it down multiple times, hearing a muffled groan come from the back room. "I'll be right there." Steve yelled, but Julia kept ringing it.

Steve marched out from the back room, "I said I'll be right-" Steve cut himself off after he saw his girlfriend. His face brightly lit up as he tackled her with a hug. Keeping her in a hug, he pressed tiny kisses all over her face, the last one ending on her lips.