chpater 47

The group of teens remained huddled under a rock as they waited for the swarm of bats that flew above them to clear out.

"Oh… okay." Robin panted as she checked to make sure the coast was clear. "That was close." "Too close." Eddie's voice cracked.

Everyone moved from their huddled spot as they walked out into the open. Steve's vision slowly went blurry as he lost balance, slamming his body into a nearby tree.

"Steve?" Julia's head snapped up towards him as his hands latched onto the tree to keep himself steady.

"I'm fine. I'm fine, doll." He lied, to which Julia rolled her eyes.

"Sit down, you're losing a lot of blood. I need to slow it down." Her hands held onto his arms as she slowly guided him to kneel on the ground.

Steve removed his hand to reveal a wound deeper than expected. "Jesus Christ, Steve." Julia's eyes nearly filled with tears and the image of her boyfriend being strangled by a fucking demon bat, his body smeared in his blood.

Robin kneeled down next to Steve as Julia began to rip the bottom of her shirt, tearing the fabric from around her waist, turning her t-shirt into a crop top.

"Okay, so the good news here is I'm pretty sure woozieness is not a common symptom of rabies, but if you start having hallucinations or muscle spasms or you start feeling really aggressive, like you wanna punch me or something you should totally let me know." Robin rushed each word out of her mouth.

"Robin." Steves shaky voice said.  "Yeah?" "I kinda wanna punch you." Robin and Julia shared a laugh as his girlfriend finally ripped the strip of fabric off, "sense of humor is still intact. That's a good sign."

Robin saw that Julia was getting ready to wrap the fabric around him, so she awkwardly backed up to give them space.

Steve let out a whimper of pain as he sat up with his arms out to the side. "You ready?" She asked him, "Yeah, just do it." He groaned as he held his breath, trying to prepare himself for the pain.

Julia firmly pressed the fabric around his chest and wrapped it around his back, another groan leaving Steve's lips.

"I'm so sorry." He bit his tongue as she wrapped it around his torso a couple times. "It's okay." His hands ran their way through his hair as she began to tie it.

"Too tight?" She asked as she paused her movements to look at him. "It's okay princess, keep going." He said before closing his eyes and tilting his head back as he wailed quietly once again as Julia finished the knot.

She stood up from her spot and held his hand to help him stand up. His hands fell to her waist as he quickly enveloped her in a hug.

"My hero." He mumbled in her ear, pressing a kiss to her temple. "I'd do anything to save you." She whispered into his neck, refraining herself from hugging him tightly. He on the other hand used all the strength he could to hug her tightly.

"So, uh, this place is like Hawkins, but with monsters and nasty shit?" Eddie asked, standing on the branches of a fallen tree.

"Pretty much." Nancy said. Eddie nodded to himself as he was about to jump down, but Nancy stopped him.

"Wait, watch out for the vines. It's all a hive mind." Eddie put his arms out to balance himself as he asked, "it's all a what?"