chapter 11

1 year later, 1984.

Julia Henderson stood around in the
Palace Arcade as she watched multiple preteens dig in their pockets for loose change. Her job there was to make sure no one broke the machines, call the janitor if someone threw up, and make sure that no fights broke out.

Her fingers fiddled with the necklace Steve Harrington had given her as a Christmas gift. He told her that tomorrow night he would come over and the two would watch 'The Poltergeist' on VHS. Whenever a new horror movie came out in VHS, the two would spend the night together to watch it.

Her once dark brown hair had slowly turned into a lighter brown,the length became longer. Aside from that she looked the same. Dustin had finally gotten his teeth in, making him more confident than he was last year.

Her head snapped up to hear four familiar voices enter the arcade. She walked over to the Dragons Lair game in time to see her younger brother lose his shit.

"No! No! No! I hate this overpriced bullshit! Son of a bitch!" He kicked and slapped the machine, letting his anger out.

"Hey kid, you break it you buy it." Julia leaned against the side of the machine, grinning at her brother and his friends.

"Whatever. I'm still tops on Centipede and Dig Dug." "You sure about that?" Julia jumped at the sound of her manager's voice.

They looked at him as he chomped on a cheese puff. "Sure about what?" He remained silent as Dustin ran to the Dig Dug machine.

"You're kidding me. No. No." Dustin yelled when he saw a '2nd' next to his name.

"751,300 points!" Will stared at the screen in awe. "That's impossible." Mike gaped at the score. "Who's Mad Max?" Dustin asked frustrated. "Better than you."

"Dude." Julia said annoyed that he was near them, Dustin flipped him off which Julia felt proud of. "Julia do you know?" Before she could answer Keith stepped in.

"From where she stands she can't see people in this area." "Who is it?" "Yeah spill it, Keith."

"You want information, then I need something in return." He smirked at the kids. They turned to Mike, their eyes widening.

"No. No way. You're not getting a date with her." Julia was disgusted at her managers bribe. He had flirted with her multiple times on different occasions. Each time she rejected him he moved on to his next target, Nancy Wheeler.

"Mike come on, just get him the date." Lucas tried. "I'm not prostituting my sister!" He yelled back at him. Julia stepped in front of the kids and put a finger on his chest.

"You know what Keith?" Her index and middle finger slowly walked up his chest and stopped at his neck. The manager suddenly lost his confidence as his breath hitched.

"W-what?" In a sudden movement, she had his ear gripped between her fingers, a pressure point was all it took for him to get on his knees.

"You leave these guys alone, you leave Nancy and I alone. And you treat woman with respect, not like they're an object." He remained there for a minute before getting up and walking off with his head low.

"Okay, Julia not gonna lie. That was hot." "Thanks Mike." She turned around and noticed Will wasn't behind her anymore.

"Guys? Where's Will?" Mike ran outside to gather the boy to make sure he was okay. Julia watched in silence with a smile on her face as she enjoyed watching Will and the other try to beat the score on Dig Dug.
________________________

Steve sat in his car with his girlfriend Nancy Wheeler as she check and read over his essay for his history class. She read over his work, her eyes scanning the paper while her boyfriend's eyes were glued to Julia Henderson. She walked by wearing a white turtle neck and a pair of nice fitting jeans.

As Julia walked to her locker, an unfamiliar voice spoke to her. "Well look what we have here, names Billy Hargrove." She turned around to be face to face with a someone she's never seen before.

His dark blonde hair was a bit curled. His green eyes stared into her brown ones as he reached his hand out.

"Julia Henderson." She spoke out shaking his hand, unsure about what to do.  "Can you show me to the main office?" He asked, his tongue swinging across his bottom him, showing off a flawless smile.

"Yeah of course." The friendly side of her took over as she closed her locker and lead him to the office. He let her lead, for the sole purpose of looking at her butt as she walked. Tugging on his bottom lip, he followed behind her.

_______________________________

She left Billy at the office and walked by a classmate named Tina. "Hey Julia! Here, take this." Tina handed her an orange piece of paper that had a ghost drinking.

'Come and get sheet faced.' She thanked the girl and continued to walk to her locker to grab something she had forgotten.

Julia opened her locker and grabbed her pencil case when she heared Nancy shriek. She flinched and turn around thinking something bad had happened, only to see Steve had picked her up and scared her.

Her heart felt like an anchor when she saw the way he looked at her. It's like he's looking at the whole damn world in front of him.

She sighed and slammed her locked shut. "Let's go." She turned around to see Jonathan with a frown on his face. Linking arms with him, they headed off to the class they had together, english.
_________________________________

Julia sat in her room, snacks set aside in bowls, and two coca-cola cans. She laid down in bed, waiting for her best friend. She looked at the clock, reading the time '5:21' she closed her eyes only for a moment, but ended up falling into a deep sleep.

Her body snapped awake after having a nightmare about the Demogorgon. She sighed in relief as soon as she realized it was only a dream.

She looked at the clock, it read '9:57' she stared at the clock for what seemed like hours. 'Steve didn't show up?' She asked herself. She looked at the snack and drinks that remained untouched. She slouched in her position, placing her head in her hands.