CHAPTER SIXTEEN

* * * * * * * * *

Rebecca finally steps out of the room and meets Hunter watching TV.

"Hey." She says as she goes towards him and sits next to him on the couch.

"School opens tomorrow, you good?" He asks.

"Mhm.. but uhm.. Hunter..." She says before hugging her legs to her chest and turning to him. "Can we... try dating?" Hunter is so shocked that he accidentally drops the remote control.

"I'm sorry... what?!" He asks surprised.

"I'm not entirely sure.. but I've decided to let go of my feelings for Elliot. Dating you might help..." She says before leaning towards him.

"Rebecca, I don't want to be unfair so if you'd like, I'll avoid you so you and Elliot-" Hunter says while moving back then he stands to leave but Rebecca stops him.

"Don't! No matter what. Alright, forget what I said earlier about dating but please.. don't avoid me.." She tells him while still holding his hand and looking at him earnestly.

"Alright, I won't." He replies with a smile then walks to his room. Rebecca watches him leave and feels bad.

' The only people who can help me understand my feelings now are Olive and Taylor... Looks like I'll have to ask them to come over after school tomorrow.' She thinks still feeling guilty.

' Rebecca, I really want to be with you and I definitely want us to be together... but I don't want it when you are still unsure..' Hunter thinks, leaning on his room door. ' Please think it through for a while...'

* * * * * * * *

It's lunch time the next day, Rebecca texts Olive and Taylor:

' Hey girls, can we meet up somewhere for a girl's talk... maybe my place? '

Olive replies:

' Eek! Girl's talk and girl's night! You have no idea how long I've always wanted to this! '

Taylor texts:

' Sure. I'd love too, glad you're feeling better. '

' I really have the best of friends.' Rebecca thinks while sitting on a bench on the rooftop. She drops her phone by her side and closes her eyes to take in the air as the wind blows. Elliot comes to the roof and spots her, he couldn't help but blush while smiling as he gazes at her.

' I promise to make you choose me, no matter what.' He thinks then walks over quietly. He taps her shoulders before sitting next to her.

"Hey Ellie. It's been a while..." She says while turning to him with a nice smile. Elliot couldn't help himself anymore.

"Rebecca... do you have time after school today? I was thinking maybe we could go out together just for fun?" He asks her.

"I'm sorry Elliot, maybe tomorrow because I kinda already planned today as girl's night." She tells him.

"Oh.. ok, it's fine... I'm just glad you're doing well." He tells her with a nice smile.

After school, Rebecca meets Olive and Taylor waiting for her at the entrance of the school.

"Sorry... our lecturer literally didn't know her time was an hour behind..." She tells them while panting.

"It's cool." Olive says.

"Mhm." Taylor responds too.

"Alright then, let's go-" Rebecca says about to walk in the direction to her house but Olive pulls her back as Taylor's driver parks in front of them.