CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

* * * * * * * *

Elliot, Taylor and Olive reach Mark's office. Elliot kicks down the door but to their surprise, he isn't there.

"What- Where is he?!" Olive asks as she walks inside.

"Uh- Olive wait!" Elliot shouts immediately about to pull her but suddenly a metal door falls, locking Olive in the office.

"Guys! What's going on?!" Olive asks them immediately turning back and banging against the metal door.

"I advise you don't hit that.." Mark tells Olive from a speaker in the room, which is located at the right top corner, he had set that trap before going to the control room.

"And why's that?!" Olive asks him angrily, turning to the speaker.

"Because.." He says with a grin then pushes a button that zaps Taylor who had her hand still on the door. She immediately gets zaps and falls to the ground.

"Taylor!" Elliot exclaims immediately bending down to check on her.

"Taylor? Elliot, what happened to Taylor?!" Olive asks him as she unconsciously places her hands on the door while having an anxious look on her face.

"I warned you~" Mark says then hits the button again, zapping Olive.

"Aaaaaahhhhhhh!" She screams at the pain then falls to her knees feeling weak.

"Olive! Are you ok?! Did he zap you?" Elliot asks her but Olive is still vibrating because the impact was different from when Taylor was hit.

"Hey Mark! What the heck is your deal! What have vampires ever done to you that makes you hate them so much?!" Elliot asks him already annoyed by what he's done to Taylor and Olive.

"And why should I tell you?" He asks him.

"Because! These vampires haven't done anything life-threatening!" He yells from behind the door, knowing it's dangerous, Elliot just stands close to the door to talk to him.

"Ohh~" He says as a grin grows on his face. "You are Elliot Stans, right?"

"Huh? Yeah.. so what?" He asks him, with a curious tone.

"You're dating the female regular vampire, Paulina, am I right?" He asks him.

"What does she have to do with this?!" He asks getting angry.

"She is the reason why the civilians hate them!" He tells Elliot, who freezes in shock. "Don't you know about the rumor of a midnight beast who murders people, scratches them or even sucks their blood?" Elliot then recalls;

"...Blood is like food for us..." She said this when he was surprised by her thirst. He also remembers the day she hypnotized him, she had blood at the side of her mouth and some on her clothes.

"No... She can't be.." He says in disbelief while slowly walking away from the door.

"My my~ guess your lil' girlfriend kept it a secret from you." Mark says. "If you want~ I can help you get revenge on her-"

"So what?" Ivan says while walking towards Elliot and Taylor with Ian.

"Taylor!" Ian shot upon seeing Taylor, sitting on the floor, she has a weak appearance.

"Ian.." She responds weakly as he goes to her side.

"So what if Paulina hid that secret from him?" Ivan asks Mark as he places a hand on Elliot's shoulder. "I'm sure, she wants to change and be the amazing girl you're in love with." Ivan turns to him with a smile.

"Thanks man.." Elliot tells him with a sincere smile.

"Hmph!" Mark scoffs. "Nice speech young lad, but." He then opens the metal door to show Olive who is unconscious in a prison cell that is hung on the roof. "I don't think it's going to save this girl from instant death." Ivan eyes widen seeing Olive with injuries and unconscious in the cell. He clenches his fist, punches the wall, picks a big stone and throws it with brute force. The stone hits the cell, making a huge dent like a space for someone to enter. Ivan then runs towards the cell, jumps and carefully holds Olive in his arms then jumps down.