CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

* * * * * * * *

"So.. have you guys found anything yet?" Olive asks as it's been almost an hour.

"Yes." Ian tells them while moving closer to them. "Look here.." He points to a part of the notes.

"The drug used on them was made from a proportional mix of their weaknesses.." Ian says.

"80% special gas, 19% garlic and 1% O+ blood." Ivan explains.

"That'll explain why Paulina was reacting like the way she was.." Elliot says.

"Any antidote?" Taylor asks.

"Unfortunately.. no.." Ian says with a disappointed tone.

"Oh.." Olive sighs disappointed.

"Hey guys.." Taylor says.

"What is it?" Ian asks her.

"There seems to be something inside that cupboard behind you two.." Taylor says while pointing at the cupboard.

"What is it?" Ian asks her.

"We can find out ourselves Ian!" Ivan tells him before flicking his forehead. He gets up and walks towards the cupboard, opens it and sees small bottles of liquid.

"What are those?" Olive asks seeing him bring them out. There are 10 pieces altogether and each of them had labels; five had the label of Hunter's name while the other five had Paulina's name on them.

"Hmmm..." Ian smells one of the bottles. "Hey Ivan.. do you recognize this smell from anywhere?" Ian hands him one of the bottles, Ivan takes it and smells it.

"This smell.." He says in surprise then turns to Olive. "Hey Olive..."

"Yeah Ivan?" She responds, he walks towards her and leans forward with his eyes closed. "Eh! He-Hey! What are you-"

"I knew it.." He says while standing up straight. "Olive, try sniffing this liquid.." Olive relaxes and smells it.

"It's the same odor that came off Hunter and the drug case!" She exclaims.

"Let me smell that." Elliot says stepping forward and then sniffing it from the one in Olive's hand. "It's exactly the same odor that I smelt from Paulina when she became weak and the drug case I found.."

"Makes sense why that's so.." Taylor says as she takes one of the bottles from Ian. "It has their names on it remember?"

"Oh.. right..." Ivan says sounding a bit embarrassed.

"Anyways, any ideas on how to make an antidote from these?" Taylor asks Ian, noticing him examine the drugs.

"Sort of.." He responds with a natural look on his face. "Ivan.. I need a hand." He walks towards one of the tables that's still in place. Both brothers gather materials from around and begin trying to extract the drug in some way.

"Uh.. what are they doing?" Olive asks Taylor.

"I think they're trying to make an antidote from the drug itself using the notes written." She guesses. "Ian! Lemme help too!" She walks over to the table and gives them a hand.

"Don't mind us.. we'll just patiently wait for you scientists to finish your work..." Olive says while walking back then leans against a drawer in the room, so does Elliot.

* * * * * * *

"So Elliot.. I've been wondering something.." Olive says to him.

"What is it?" He asks.

"For an entire two months you were totally in love with Rebecca but after she rejects you, you're now in love with Paulina?" She says confused.

"Well.. truth is, at first when I met Rebecca, I saw her as a really beautiful girl. Of course, she was as funny as she is now.. Rebecca became a friend to me." He tells her.