CHAPTER NINETEEN

* * * * * * * *

The team in the playground area are with a gas tank of the special gas and bags of O+ blood. Their leader, Eric, makes the team with the gas tanks, spray them in the direction across the playground.

"Sir, we have fully covered the area with the gas." One of the staff tells him.

"Good. Those vampires wouldn't be able to stand this and will show themselves." He says.

"Sir, there are still some civilians around and they are complaining about the gas.." Another staff tells him.

"Just ignore them, they will be thanking us soon for eradicating these beasts for them." He says then turns to the playground area. "You! Go walk around that area with that blood." The staff nods and goes to the playground area, he walks around as Paulina begins to tremble in thirst.

"Geez! What is wrong with these people?" Paulina asks herself as Elliot thinks of a plan to get them out of them.

"Paulina, I have an idea. At first, I thought of us coming out and coughing due to the gas but since it just the blood, I'll tell them you caught a cold and you're shivering..." He tells her.

"The gas is on the other side, once they see a rash on me they'll-" She says.

"They won't see it if you wear my jacket, right?" He asks her. She agrees, Elliot then quietly and carefully removes his jacket and puts it on her then they use the other slide and slides out.

"Whose there?!" The staff asks hearing noises from the other side.

"Go find out what it is!" Eric orders him as the staff walks to that side. Elliot and Paulina hears him, he immediately carries Paulina in his arms and walks to meet him. Paulina had a scarf on her, so she used it to wrap her face a bit and cuddles herself in Elliot's arms.

"Excuse me sir.." Elliot says sounding annoyed. "We were here to relax and enjoy ourselves before you showed up. How can you do this without permit?! Huh?!" Paulina cuddles more so Elliot holds onto her tightly. "My girlfriend was already shaking and had a cold, now you want her to choke from this!"

"We're.. uh.." The staff stutters afraid but Eric walks towards them firmly.

"Sorry for ruining your date but we have been authorized to do this.." He tells him as he carefully looks down at Paulina who is secretly gritting her teeth because of the blood, Elliot immediately notices and turns her away from him.

"What's wrong with you! She's ill and you still have the mind to look at her!" He shouts disgusted. "Tsk!" He then turns and walks in the other direction hastily.

"I'm sorry sir..." The staff apologizes.

"That girl... she's definitely a vampire.." He says not so loudly because he caught a glimpse of her while she gritting her teeth that she had fangs.

* * * * * * * *

Elliot gets them to a street away then turns and drops Paulina on her feet.

"So... Are you feeling better now?" He asks as he pants. Paulina smiles while she walks towards him. She lifts up her head, goes on her heels and pecks him on the lips.

"Thank you.." She tells him in a nice voice.

"It's alright.. as long as you're fine, I don't mind.." He tells her as he stands by her side. "C'mon, it's already late, we should get going.." Paulina doesn't react. "What is it?" He notices her expression.

"I... You go ahead.. I'll see you tomorrow.." She tells him, walking back a bit but Elliot holds her hand to stop her.

"Is something the matter? Why are you suddenly-" He said but Paulina shakes his hand off of hers.