CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

* * * * * * * * * * *

Few minutes later, the girls had taken their baths. Taylor is in one of her pj's, Olive is in hers as Rebecca is wearing a pair of pj's Taylor lent her.

'Knock-knock' goes the door.

"Who is it?" Taylor asks.

"It's me miss, master told me to send you something as a gift." The maid says from behind the door.

"Oh?" Taylor asks while looking at Olive who looks at her back. Rebecca wasn't paying attention because she was on her phone but she immediately senses a vampire nearby and turns to the door which the maid opens. The maid is holding a cat which has black eyes, it spots Rebecca and twitches it eyes from black to red then back to black.

'A vampire! Who is it?' Rebecca thinks in surprise then glares at the cat.

"Uh... Rebecca? Rebecca!!" Olive calls to her as she snaps from her thoughts to look at her.

"Yes!" She replies immediately.

"You spaced out all of a sudden. Something happen?" She asks as Taylor takes the cat into the room.

"Hey girls, don't you think this cat is super cute? I mean it's cream and black fur are really soft." Taylor says while rubbing its fur as it purrs.

"Yeah! It's definitely the cutest kitty I've ever seen!" Olive exclaims happily running to it and petting it with Taylor.

' Seriously.. who is that? There are only three vampires so far, Hunter, Paulina and I. I'm already here, so it has to be between Hunter and Paulina...' Rebecca thinks with a serious look. "Uhm girls... I'd like to get some fresh air out in the balcony, please excuse me..." She stands and walks there and shuts the door behind her.

"Why do feel like she's hiding something from us?" Olive asks, still rubbing the cat's fur.

"Mhm... I just hope she doesn't keep it to herself and end up hurt..." Taylor says while looking at the door and petting the cat.

Meanwhile, Rebecca looks into the sky, she thinks and has suspects of it being Paulina but another hint that it may be Hunter trying to spy on her. She thinks so much that she doesn't realize when Hunter had jumped all the way from her house to Taylor's and sits on the fence, to watch her.

"Beautiful night, huh?" He speaks, breaking the silence as Rebecca jumps in fright.

"What the heck?! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?!" She asks him quietly.

"Sorry.." He apologizes with a cheesy smile.

"Also, how did you get here?" She asks him while leaning on the wall which is some distance from the door.

"I had to jump from buildings to get here." He says. "Also.. it looked like someone was in serious thoughts?" He leans in towards her face while smirking.

"Ah- yeah... So what?!" She exclaims at him quietly while trying to hide her flustered face.

"So... Mind sharing your thoughts?" He asks her as he leans further. Rebecca is now speechless but she immediately gets a hold of herself and pushes him back a bit.

"Hmph!" She pouts then averts her eyes from his. Hunter scoffs while still smirking then pulls her to him by holding her waist. "Ah!"

"Someone's acting tough, sure you can keep it up for long?" He asks her while looking deep into her eyes as Rebecca begins to get lost in his eyes. Unknowingly, she slowly raises her hand and places it on his right cheek. Hunter immediately notices it and frowns, he pulls it down gently, lets go of her waist and turns the other way. "You said you needed time.. so-"