CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

* * * * * * * * *
Rebecca pants then drops unconsciously. Hunter immediately gets up and rushes to her.

"Rebecca. Hey. Wake up!" He calls to her while tapping her face.

"Hunter... Is she?" Olive asks him, feeling a bit scared.

"No.. she probably passed out because this is the first time she's used this much of her powers.. plus..." He replies as they all look at her hair, the dye fades away, turning her hair back to brown.

"She really has been living the human life..." Paulina says walking to them with Elliot.

"What now? Everyone will soon know about you three being vampires, they'll be no where to hide..." Olive tells them.

"Now I understand why you were protecting them.." Ivan says while coming out from a hiding spot with Ian. They have been in the hall and didn't run away with the others.

"Ivan! You two were still here?!" Olive asks surprised.

"Yea.. they were just sitting over there in that corner.." Taylor says as she points to where they were hiding.

"Hmph.. Guess we really were noticed.." Ian says.

"There's only one place... for now..." Hunter tells them as he carries Rebecca and stands up.

"Lemme guess... Becky's house? Won't her parents be home?" Paulina asks him.

"They'll be back by March." He replies.

"But this news will be everywhere.. they've even probably heard it and are on their way back here." Taylor tells him.

"All the more reason we should go. If they come, they might help us.." He tells them.

"Ahh.." Ivan sighs. "Are you all idiots? Just because they might not find us at her house doesn't mean that they won't find you on the way there.."

"I thought vampires can teleport.." Olive brings up.

"Unfortunately only royals can..." Hunter says as he looks down at Rebecca.

"Ahhh..." Rebecca sighs quietly while waking up. "I'll... I'll do it.."

"No way! Do you hear yourself?!" Hunter asks her in surprise.

"He's right Beca.. you're still weak.." Olive tells her with a sad tone.

"But I'm the only one who can get us out of here without being caught.." She says as she sits up while panting a bit. "Don't worry, once we get home, I promise.. I'll rest..." She smiles while looking at Hunter then takes position.

' If only you weren't the only one..' Hunter says feeling bad. Rebecca teleports them inside her house, in the living room then falls a bit while panting heavily. "Rebecca!"

"See... At least we're-" She says then falls unconscious. Hunter immediately carries her up while standing to his feet.

"I'll take her to her room to rest, you guys can rest in my room.." He tells them then turns and walks to Rebecca's room. He opens the door and walks in, he places her on the bed and takes off her shoes. ' You really can get emotional, princess..' He then leans towards her, pushes some of her hair to the side and kisses her on the forehead.

* * * * * * * *

"So.. what's gonna happen now?" Taylor asks while sitting on Hunter's bed and leaning against the wall.

"Dunno..." Paulina says with a 'I don't care' tone.

"So uhm... Can someone explain how you all got involved with them?" Ivan asks curious.