CHAPTER TWENTY

* * * * * * * * *

A month has gone by and today's Valentine eve (A day before valentine). The college decided to hold a party for the students but requests them to contribute.

"The fee is $10,000." The teacher tells them. "It's to be given to your homeroom teacher." She then walks out as the bell rings.

"So, do you have money to pay for us?" Hunter asks Rebecca as they pack up their books to go for lunch.

"And tell me why I should pay for you?" She asks him as she walks ahead but Hunter rolls his eyes while pulling her back by her waist and looking at her with a smirk.

"Simple, if you don't, I'll gladly decrease your credit card again." He reminds her as she gives him a nervous look, he smirks then lets her go and walks pass. "Thank you darling."

"Geez! Isn't he a guy? I thought it's only girls who does 'shopping sprees'?" Rebecca asks herself quietly as she sees Elliot walk by her. "Oh! Elliot, wait up!" She quickly follows him to the door.

"Elliot.." a timid little voice says after tapping him since he was wearing earphones. Rebecca immediately stops some distance away from them as Elliot turns to the girl.

"Sorry, did you need something?" He asks her politely after taking off the earphones.

"Uhm..." The girl was flustered even more because of how handsome he looks. "Here! Someone told me to give it you!" She stretches out a note to him while her head is down. Elliot is surprised and immediately he collects it the girl runs off.

"Uh..." He says in surprise. He looks down at the letter and opens it there. Rebecca immediately jumps out and pulls him into the class.

"You idiot!" She shouts at him after slamming the door shut.

"Hey, what did I do?" He asks her surprised by her words.

"Which guy reads a love letter immediately after a girl gives it to you? And in the hallway for that matter?!" She asks annoyed as she pouts and has her hands on her hips.

"..." Elliot just blinks in confusion. "It's not like I'm the only person who's done this.." Rebecca then grasps.

"I didn't know you could be a heartless too!" She shot before hitting him on the chest.

"Ow..." He says sarcastically.

"Once I step out of here, open the letter and read it.. carefully.." She tells him while glaring at him then takes a deep breath, turns and strides out into the hallway, slamming the door behind her. Elliot sighs then opens it and reads;

' Hi Elliot. My name's Tiana and I'm the girl who sits two seats behind you every Art class, I wanted to ask if you'd wanna go to the valentine day party with me tomorrow? Please just reply down here in one of those boxes: one for yes the other for no... Thank you. '

"Wow, should have expected this.." He says to himself as he takes out a pen and ticks no. He then folds it and puts it in his pocket and walks out of the class. Elliot goes to the cafeteria and sits with the gang. They all look at him with shock and confusion. "What?"

"Did you hit your head before sitting here?" Olive asks him then Taylor hits her head.

"What she meant to say is, you're always eating on the rooftop so.. why the sudden change?" She asks.

"Oh.. sorry guys." Elliot apologizes. "It's just that-" Then the school mic goes on.

"Attention students. There is a new transfer student joining us from today, assure to welcome her." The head master announces as Paulina walks like some shy innocent princess. She has washed off her purple dye and curled her hair tips. She also didn't wear extra earrings and her tattoo has been washed. She's in a chic dress and average heels with a purse.