CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

The next day, around 11, Rebecca wakes up from hearing her phone ringing. She takes it up and answers.

"Hello.." She answers.

"Beca! Where are you? Are you and Hunter home?" Willow asks completely anxious.

"Mom? What's wrong? What's happening?" Rebecca asks surprised by her anxious tone.

"Didn't you see the news? The vampire hunters are on the move. Your father and I are already on our way to the house after landing in the country last night. We're coming to get you guys." She tells her.

"What? Mother you don't-" She tells her but her mother screams as their car immediately stops in front of Mr Mark, the leader of EX-VP. Willow hangs up while panting heavily because of the force Parker put into the brakes.

"Good day~" He tells them as he walks towards their car and places his hand on it. "Do you mind if we talk.. Mrs Willow and Mr Parker Ricks..?"

"What.." Parker says surprised.

* * * * * * * *

"Hello! Mom! Hey!!" Rebecca shouts then notices that she had hung up. She immediately gets out of the bed and is about to rush to the bathroom.

"Beca? Where are you going?" Hunter asks her still having sleepy eyes.

"Sorry Hunter. I've gotta go." Rebecca tells him as she goes into the bathroom. When she steps out in a casual shirt and jeans, she doesn't see Hunter. ' Where did he go? Ah! That doesn't matter. Gotta go help mom.' She sprints out of the room and meets Hunter leaning on the front door with a backpack.

"Breakfast, want it on the way or after the mission?" He asks referring to wherever they are going to.

"After, by the way, won't the others worry once we've left?" She asks him.

"Don't worry. Paulina noticed us so I promise her a lil' something so she'd agree to keep it a secret." He responds while smiling at her and placing his finger on his lips.

"Alright then.. let's go!" Rebecca tells Hunter as they go out and hide in the backyard. "I'm gonna teleport us." Hunter nods so she does so.

* * * * * * * *

In the EX-VP headquarters. Mr Mark has cuffed Rebecca's parents as they are kneeling in front of him. He sits on a chair proudly and smiles at them.

"So... May I know where exactly you were heading?" He asks them.

"To our house." Parker responds straightforward.

"Oh?" He asks. "Is there a reason you were driving at such speed to your house if it's just you two that live there..?"

"No reason.." Willow lies. Mr Mark snaps his fingers then the guard beside Willow slaps her. "Ah!"

"What the heck? She said the truth! There isn't-" Parker shouts at Mr Mark who snaps his fingers again. The guard next to Parker slaps him.

"I had a spy invest you two and he told me that you two always send a package of human blood to your house once a week after you left some months ago..." He informs them.

' What?' Willow thinks with a surprised look.

"So if I may ask, do you perhaps have a vampire living with you?" He asks them. They both remain silent. Mark sighs then snaps his fingers. "Slap them until they give in and talk." He stands up from the chair and walks out of the room. The guards do as they are told and slaps them constantly.

Rebecca and Hunter teleports to the entrance of the headquarters.

"Beca.." Hunter says while looking at the writing on the building.