CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

Still in the mayor's office, Taylor talks to the mayor and explains to him how harmless Rebecca and the others are.

"You say all this, but hasn't it crossed your mind that one day these vampires whom you trust will betray you and kill you?" He asks her with a curious tone.

"Unfortunately, sir, we've already tested that theory.." Taylor tells him.

"And if such a time ever comes, feel free to behead us." Paulina says with a smile before Rebecca jabs her in the ribs.

"Hush it!" She tells her harshly, then turns to the mayor. "Hehe.. please excuse her, but really sir, we would never betray anyone. I, Rebecca Ricks Fangs, swear it. I also use my title as vampire princess..." She takes a bow while transforming into her real self.

"Mhmm.. give me a few days to think about it.." He tells them. Rebecca raises with a smile. They all turn and walk towards the door.

"You're out." Olive exclaims immediately, getting up from the chair and running to meet Taylor and Rebecca. The others also stand except Hunter, who sits with an apologetic look.

"Uh, Rebecca, I think he's sorry 'bout what he did..." Ian tells her as she looks at Hunter, who looks really sad.

"Unfortunately, I still need more time to forgive him.." She tells Ian while immediately looking away. She then walks to the other bench and sits.

"Uh.. any ideas that might help them?" Olive asks everyone.

"Not this time Olive, this time, Hunter has to handle it himself." Taylor tells her. "Anyways, while we wait for the mayor's response, let's all go out!"

"Where do you have in mind, Taylor?" Olive asks, already excited.

"I suggest the arcade!" Paulina exclaims.

"Anywhere's fine, you boys coming?" Taylor asks them.

"What do you say, Ian?" Ivan asks.

"I'm down. What about you, Elliot?" Ian asks, turning to face the benches.

"I'm over here..." Elliot tells them while Paulina giggles as he is carrying her.

"Those two.." Ivan mutters.

"What? Say something?" Paulina asks Ivan with a strong evil glare.

"Eeehh!" Ivan screeches in shock.

"Ok then. Let's-" Taylor says about to move, then stops, seeing Rebecca standing in front of them.

"What? Didn't plan on inviting me?" She asks her while looking at her with her red eyes. Taylor gulps her saliva in fear of what might happen next. "I'm not gonna eat you, Taylor." Rebecca walks forward and flicks her on the head. "Well, let's go." They all look at each other then at Hunter.

"Go ahead, I'll stay and wait for the response." He tells them. Rebecca frowns and walks ahead as Hunter takes notice. ' I'll properly apologize once you've relaxed..' They all begin to follow after Rebecca when Ian stops.

"Ivan, tell Taylor I wanna stay back with Hunter." Ian tells him with a pat on his shoulder. Ivan nods as Ian walks to meet Hunter, and the others leave.

"Don't stay back because of me, I know what I'm doing.." He tells Ian, without looking at him as Ian takes a seat next to him.

"But you do realize that the longer you take to apologize, the more annoyed she gets, and tougher for her to forgive you.." He reminds him.

"I know.." Hunter responds.

"Can I know exactly why you did that?" Ian asks him with a serious tone. Hunter remains silent. "C'mon, the least you can do is answer me.."