S0E5: The scaredy cat that was doomed by their (bad) luck

Reading time: 19 minutes

Warning: a bit of swearing, anxiety, my headcanons, my grammar
TW: Y/N friends are kind of jerks, blood, panic attack

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Let's go to the Misty Forest!" You flinched, letting a small noise of disapproval at your friend's idea.

It was your day off, Auntie finally let you off her hook and you were not about to waste that walking into a haunted forest! You had a feeling that even if you died she would just summon you to help her with the tea shop. One way or another, she would have her employee show up to work. "I really don't think it's a good idea..."

"C'mon, (name)! Don't you wanna see what's in there?", asked another one of your friends.

"Uh, no?" Did I mention the forest was haunted? Because it really was! Well, okay, maybe it wasn't haunted, you never went there after all, but that's what every adult was telling you since birth.

The Misty Forest got its name from the sparkling fog surrounding it, the fog seem to be giving some kind of light which only made it scarier than it actually was. Or not, who knows what kind of monsters lived there? Waiting to eat you alive...

You jumped back with a yelp as Ozzy placed his hand on your shoulder. He let out a short laugh looking at your scared form. "Relax, it's just me! I tell you, there's something there..." He trailed off, smirking mischievously.

"Yeah, a fucking monster!" You throw your hands up, at least trying convince them not to do it.

"No!" He laughed alongside Nao. "I mean some kind of treasure"

"Guarded by a fucking monster!"

"Now when you say 'fucking'..." Nao wiggled her brows causing you to groan in frustration.

"There's no monster" Ozzy rolled his eyes. As you were about to voice your opinion on that he spoke again, "We were just told that to prevent us from wandering too far away and to get home on time. There's nothing to be afraid of"

"Dude, you're talking to (name) of all people! They are scared of everything!" As if to prove your friend's point a butterfly flown past your face making you fall on your back. Your cheeks became bright red as your friends laughed at your embarrassing reaction. "So? When are we goin'?" Nao smiled towards the boy as you sat up.

Ozzy returned the smile seeing her excitement. "Today. Not right now, but today for sure"

"At the end of dawn?"

"At the end of dawn"

They looked at you, you merely shook your head. "No way, I'm not dying, not yet anyway, and definitely not in a haunted forest!" You crossed your arms as they laughed.

Your friends weren't necessary the best type of friends but you were sure they loved you, they just loved teasing you more. It was kind of a sibling relationship, with you being the oldest, although it seem like it was the other way around. But it wasn't your fault that you were anxious most of the time.

Not to long after that all three of you got up from your places on the blanket and started to walk home. Your eyes keep on switching between your feet and the things ahead of you, not wanting to trip on something but at the same time not wanting to seem depressed, also you were anxious of people staring at you. You squeezed your bag's arm as you thought you noticed something in the corner of your eye, nothing was there when you turned your head to look in that direction. "Deep breaths...", you said to yourself, not out loud of course, if someone saw you talking to yourself they'd make you get a therapist. Or worse...