S1E8

Reading time: 15 minutes

Warning: a bit of swearing, anxiety, my headcanons, my grammar
TW: panic attack (long time no see, ey?)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Some days after Zane unlocked his True Potential you got a... present? You didn't know if you could call a pile of bones, which once were a dangerous snake able to turn people like a vampire, 'a present'. Now all of you were sitting at the table listening to sensei's lesson. "Some villagers unearthed the remains of this Fangpyre a few miles away. It predates the Golden Age, and must be hundreds of years old. Although the venom in the fangs of the Fangpyre genetically mutate human cells into reptilian, I've learned there could be a way to stop the effects without having to create an anit-venom"

"Kiko!" Lloyd yelled-whispered as the dragonling started to mess with his drawing. He wanted to be with you so Zane lend him a piece of paper from his notebook, which he was using to write in as the lesson progressed.

Cole also used the teen's generosity and was sketching who-knows-what, Kai was practically sleeping while you were listening to Wu as he continued, "If one is able to wildly raise their heart rate, hypothetically it could reverse the venom's effects. Resulting in..." He trailed off when he noticed Jay looking at you and clearly not listening. Wu furrowed his brows and walked behind him, only to hit him with his bamboo staff.

"OW!!" Kai and Cole snicker at him. "Why!?"

"Can you tell me what's the way to reverse the Fangpyre venom's effect?"

"Uh—" Jay looked to the side for a second. "It's... to increase one's heart rate" He chuckled nervously.

"Hm. Very well. Class is over. Now go, and find the Fangblades before Pythor does it" He said while slowly walking out.

"Alright, team, time to start stomping some Serpentine" Cole smiled, putting his pencil away and looking at you all.

"Sounds like a plan" Kai stretched before getting up and heading out.

Zane gave a nod to what seem to be himself, "I'm excited to join" He closed his notebook and went after the red ninja. Cole was close behind him, as he was passing you he gave you his sketch. It represented you and Kiko.

You looked after him with a raised brow, he only winked at you and left. "Uh, hey, uh, (name)?" You turned your head to look at the blue ninja, he stared down playing with his hands.

"Yes?"

"I— Uh... Sensei said before, our hearts were the key to unlock our True Potential, right?" He looked up to meet your eyes. You gave him a light nod and hummed. "S-so, I was wondering if..." He took a deep breath. "If you'd allow me to take you out for a... date?" Jay smiled shyly.

You blinked in confusion. "A date?"

"Y-yeah..."

"Don't you like Nya?" You tilted your head, unbeknownst to you Kiko mirrored your action, letting a confused grunt and catching Lloyd's attention.

"Well, y-yes but... I-I never said it had to be a r-romantic date..." The teen looked at the children as he felt eyes on himself. He quickly regretted this as the blond boy was glaring at him, he laughed nervously turning his gaze back to you. "So...?"

Before you could answer you heard Lloyd spoke up, "What's a date?"

You looked at him then awkwardly looked away. "It's a..." You squinted your eyes trying to find the right words, "Fancy hang out by two or more people. But you'd rather use the term when you mean one-on-one hang out in a romantic sense... Or one-on-more in a romantic sense" You explained as best as you could but the boy still seem to be confused.