S2E7

Reading time: 15 minutes

Warning: a bit of swearing, anxiety, my headcanons, my grammar
TW: angst, I mean... isn't it obvious?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You woke up for the first time in basically forever feeling remotely light. Like some invincible weight was taken off your shoulder. Better yet, entire body!

It was weird, nice but weird.

"Okay, on three! One, two, three!" You heard Kai exclaim as you passed the boys' room. They were playing 'Rock, paper, scissors'. Ah, so 'your' dragon made a mess again. For some reason they always do this and the loser has to clean up, even though it's your responsibility and you already told them you don't mind. They all picked paper. "Uh, the best of three?" You rolled your eyes with a smile, they really were idiots. Soon your dragonling sprinted past you, only to jump at them making all four boys yelp, three of them jumped back and Jay lost his balance, landing mid-air in Kai's arms. "We're not cleaning after you, Kiko"

The dragonling looked at him and huffed in offence while still being held up by the white ninja. Cole put a hand on his shoulder with a goofy grin. "Looks like fate wants you to be the Chosen One of the day" He laughed while Zane glared at him, clearly not amused.

"Everything's already taken care of" Nya walked up to you and rolled her eyes with annoyance. "Now I have a real mission for you guys. It's the Museum of Ninjago. They've asked for you guys. Something really strange has happened"

"What?"

"You're gonna have to see it to believe" The girl smiled and Kai glared at her, now being slightly annoyed on his own.

***

"Oh, thank heavens you're here!" The Curator exclaimed as soon as he saw you pass the entrance.

"We heard there was an emergency?"

"Yes, come, come. Quickly, this way" The man started to lead you through some corridors while taking, "The Stone Warrior exhibit opens to the public tonight, and this couldn't have come at a worse time"

"Uh, what couldn't have come at a worse time?" Kai pressed, getting really annoyed with the lack of information.

"Ninjago City appreciates your help in destroying the Great Devourer some time back, but it appears its toxic venom has seeped into the city sewer system and has had the most unusual after-effect" Sure enough, you could feel the awful smell in all of the museum.

"'Their' help?" Lloyd furrowed his brows, but was promptly ignored so he crossed his arms huffing. Kiko nuzzled at his side also huffing, what would Angelo say about this?

You stopped in front of a door to the gift shop, the Curator looked at you uneasy before opening them. Immediately you understood what was the big problem. The figurines, once there to be bought and gave out to children to play or just plainly to have them as a 'decoration', were now alive, running around and breaking everything they could. "The toxicity in the venom somehow brought our merchandise to life! They're so unruly. I just don't know who else to call!"

"We've got this covered. I think we can handle a few toys" Just as the blue ninja said that one of the figurines hit Zane, the teen seen unamused while Jay looked at him awkwardly.

"And please, could you contain the fighting to the gift shop? The doors to the new exhibit will be opening soon. Thank you" The Curator asked before quickly getting the heck out of the room, avoiding one of the gifts being thrown at his head, and closed the door, trying to contain the chaos in one space.