S3E7

Reading time: 17 minutes

Warning: a bit of swearing, anxiety, my headcanons, my grammar
TW:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The ninja were floating on board of the spaceship, half of them visibly struggling with the non-gravity while Zane just stared at them unbothered and Jay was clearly having fun. "Is this the greatest thing ever or what!?"

"Where are you? We're trapped in space and you—!" Kai blinked, seeing how Jay was gone. Angelo, who was normally standing in the air, totally unaffected by the non-gravity, giggled. "Where did you go?" Kai tried turning around but all he managed to do is set himself in a slow spin upside down. "Woah!"

"Guys, we're in space! I thought this is stuff only Fritz Donnegan gets to enjoy!"

"Fritz is from a comic book, dude. This is real!" Cole glared at his friends who was now walking in a circle in the air with a bright smile.

"Would you lighten up and no step on my dreams of being a real Starfarer just yet?" Angelo casually walked up to the blue ninja and handed him a pair of sunglasses, those typical you see added in videos when someone thrown a sick burn or does something epic. "Oh, thank you" Kai and Cole groaned at the two.

"We have to find a way to take control of the ship. If they get the Golden Weapons back to the Overlord, Ninjago doesn't stand much of a chance" The red ninja remained them, bumping into the long haired teen. Angelo grabbed his arm and turned him so he wouldn't be upside down anymore. "Thanks"

"But there's no access to the rest of the ship. The only way out is through the same airlock we came in"

"And if my memory banks serve correct, space has a way of taking one's breath away, in the negative sense"

"You mean in a literal sense. Because it's breathing in a positive sense too" Angelo pointed out and Jay nodded.

"Yeah!!"

Zane noticed a screen, it showed the spaceship and the back part, the one they were all in at the moment, blinking in red, a timer up in the left corner. "Enjoy it while you can, guys, because in five minutes, the entire ship is scheduled to lighten up. The supplemental boosters are set to detach"

Kai gave him a blank stare, "Uh, I'm a ninja, not an astronaut. What does that mean?"

"The portion of the ship we are currently stationed will soon detach and we will be abandoned in space with it" Hearing the simplified form the boys, minus Zane and Angelo, looked at each other with worry.

The screen glitched and soon all of you who were left back on Earth appeared on it. "Hello? Kai? Anyone? Can you read me?" Nya asked, now sitting in the chair Pixal was the other day.

"We read you loud and clear" Kai answered while the teen next to him saluted.

"Oh thank fuck..." You breathed out, almost falling down from the relief, the droid girl caught you before you could even be halfway to the floor.

Wu eyed you before turning to the screen, "Good to hear you boys. We're going to get you home safe. Pixal was able to find the blueprints for the rocket. You need to escape the cargo hold before it's too late. Near the front of the ship is an A2 storage compartment. Inside are emergency spacesuits"

"That will be a doozy. We can't get the spacesuits unless we go outside. Problem is, we can't go outside without the spacesuits! Any other suggestions?" Cole crossed his arms.