S1E5

Reading time: 16 minutes

Warning: a bit of swearing, anxiety, my headcanons, my grammar
TW:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The first thing that greeted you in the morning was the screaming fight of your friends, the second thing was Kiko puffing in your face. You gently pushed his snout away with your hand while turning your face and cringing. "You couldn't just be happy with the top score. You had to rub it in my face!"

"Do you know how long it took me to make that? Three days. Three. Days!"

"It's an unsaid law, okay? You don't touch a man's robot!"

"How am I supposed to strike fear in this? It's pink!" Say what?

You rubbed your eyes and walked out of your room, there, the ninja stood killing each other with stares. And Zane did, in fact, hold a pink gi in his hand.

You furrowed your brows in confusion. Soon you saw Wu walking by them to the bathroom door and opening it, revealing Lloyd inside laughing, a box with some spices, tools and detergent in it. The four ninja looked at the boy in disbelief. "You did this!?"

"Boys, I get first dibs on—" You quickly ran between Cole and the boy as you saw him roll up his sleeves. Unbeknownst to you the smaller boy showed his tongue to your friends.

"No dibs" Wu hit the floor with his staff. "I put him up to this for today's lesson. I wanted to show you the destructive power of rumors and that jumping to conclusions can lead to trouble. Did you ever think to find out if the accusations were true?"

Cole blinked, clearly not happy. "Uh, no offense, Sensei, but let me jump to this conclusion: today's lesson is lame" He crossed his arms.

"Yeah!", Jay quickly agreed. "Why can't you just teach us to paralyze your enemy with one finger, or find out if a man is lying by the twitch of his nose?"

"Because not all lessons are about fighting" Wu hit the floor again, this time harder, eyeing his students. Then he looked to the side. "And I misplaced my lesson book..."

Kai looked behind you and in one swift move pulled the said lesson book from Lloyd's pocket looking rather annoyed. "You mean this lesson book?"

Lloyd stomped his foot in anger. "It was the perfect plan until you have to show up and mess everything up—!" His little rant was cut short by Cole slamming the door on him.

"Cole..." You sent him a disapproving look then turned to Wu. "I'm sorry but I have to agree, you shouldn't encourage this type of behavior. Especially not in front of a child, or to it"

It looked like Wu wanted to say something in his defense but didn't get the chance as Nya's voice sounded over the speakers. "If you're done fooling around, I could use you guys on the bridge. We do still have a snake problem to attend to. Over and out!"

Kai groaned in annoyance. "It's one thing to let the son of your nemesis live with you. But having my sister here? I mean, come on! I thought this was a ninja headquarters!!"

"You do know I can hear you, right?... Over and out!" Kai facepalmed realizing how badly he messed up. You opened the bathroom door and offered a hand to the pouting boy. Lloyd looked at you then took your hand and you made your way to the bridge. When Nya noticed everyone was there she started talking, "Last we heard of Pythor, he stole the Map of Dens from Lloyd and is now on his way to open the last two Serpentine tombs"

"Ugh, don't remind me..." The boy pulled his hood over his head and face hiding. You squeezed his hand reassuringly and Kiko gave him a side hug.

"Pythor's our most dangerous threat. If he finds those tombs before we do, with his intellect and all four tribes unleashed, there's no telling what he'll do"