S2E6

Reading time: 5 minutes

Warning: a bit of swearing, anxiety, my headcanons, my grammar
TW:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As you promised, you haven't stopped training ever since the boys turned back into teens.

It was exhausting.

You were exhausted.

So, when the dragonling came flying into the room alongside the Falcon you were actually relived, for the first and last time. Zane stroked his pet's head, "What did you see, my mechanical-feathered friend?" The bird blinked and showed you a hologram of the snake city.

"The Lost City of Ouroboros!" That.

"Garmadon has returned to the Serpentine home base, but why?"

"Looks like they're preparing for a final battle" Cole said mindlessly which caused you to tense up and Nya to smack his head. He looked at you two apologetically.

"Nya, change course. We'll head straight for them" As soon as those words left Wu's mouth your girl slightly glared at him but otherwise said nor did anything but sigh and nod before walking out of the room. "You'll stay here with Lloyd" You let out a sigh of relief and sent him a grateful smile as he turned to you, you still didn't want to fight him.

In fact, the more time you spend with his son the more you feared your upcoming fight.

***

Your team sneaked to Ouroboros as soon as the sun went down, even from afar they could hear the Dark Lord's angry commands, "More firepower! When we attack the ninja, they won't see it coming. Our forces will be so strong, NInjago will be mine!"

"Ninja, go!" Wu wasted no time in attacking his older brother and almost knocking him down.

"Brother?" The Oni immediately started to look around, he hated to admit he felt somewhat relived when he saw only four ninja and none wearing green.

"It's time we finish this"

"Bring it on, fools!" Garmadon lifted his weapon preparing to strike but was stopped by an ice blast, he was too surprised to react, making it easy for Wu to actually knock him down this time. "Aargh! Stop them!" He quickly got up and run away into some kind of chamber.

The ninja and Wu fought the snakes off and followed the villain, they all stopped abruptly upon seeing an empty room filled with sand and a portal in the middle of it. "He used the Mega Weapon again!"

Jay grunted, "Oh, swell. Every time he uses that thing, something really bad happens. Now what?"

The city started to tremble and soon it started to be filled with more sand. Kai looked at the ground, "What's going on?"

"Is the city... sinking?" Jay asked in high pitched voice while getting closer to Zane.

"Worse. The city's returning back into desert, as if it had never been found in the first place"

Kai looked at sensei with confusion, "Uh, what? What does that mean?"

"Garmadon's gone back in time to make it so (name) never turns into the Green Ninja"

Everyone's eyes widen. "We have to go in!!" The red ninja screamed while grabbing Cole's arm and practically ragging him towards the portal, Jay and Zane quickly followed them.