S2E5

Reading time: 14 minutes

Warning: a bit of swearing, anxiety, my headcanons, my grammar
TW:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You smiled as you watched your children play with other kids. Technically you shouldn't be here, you sneaked off while your friends were busy. Ultra still didn't seem too happy about having to listen to you, and they seem even more against sneaking off, but what choice did they really have?

"Ehem" You heard a theatrical cough behind you and immediately knew you're in trouble. You slowly turned around and waved at your teammates. They weren't necessarily angry at you, but they gave you a stern look.

"I know, I know" You sighed. "I should be up there training with you. But look how happy they are!" You pointed at the children with an opened hand.

"It's for your own good, (name)" Kai said softening his gaze and uncrossing his arms.

"It's about me not knowing spinjitzu, isn't it?" You crossed your arms, trying your best to look mad, but all you managed to do is look even more sad.

"(name)!!" Lloyd called your name as he run up to you, Kiko stayed with the other kids, pushing the ball with his tail and jumping at them making them scream before they burst out in laughter. "Can we go to Doomsday Comix? They have the latest issue of Starfarer and it's a limited run. Last they left off, intergalactic rogue Fritz Donogan was surrounded by the Imperial Sludge, and if I don't find out if he gets out alright, I think I might have my own doomsday!" He grabbed your arms and shook you a little.

"Sorry, buddy, but we're going home" Kai answered for you which made you glare at him. He shook his head.

Okay, time to change tactics.

You frowned, "Kai, please, just this one last thing? After that, I promise I won't stop my training until I learn! Just a few more minutes?"

The teen stared at you for a moment as you gave him puppy eyes, soon Lloyd joined you and he sighed feeling defeated. "Fine..."

"Yay!"

"But only this once!" The other three nodded and you smiled at them.

"Kiko, we're going!"

The boys watched as you left. Suddenly a voice sounded from their earpieces, "Guys, there's been a break-in at the NInjago City Museum of History and the security cameras picked up you-know-who"

"Garmadon"

"We have to stop him before he uses the Mega Weapon to start another one of his plots"

***

When you came back you immediately noticed the absence of four color coded teens, Nya was nice enough to tell you they went out for a mission. You weren't too worried, at first, but as it started to get dark and they were gone for hours on end the whole ship started to become concern.

You sat there, staring at the clock blankly. "I'm going after them" You said, practically jumping out of the chair.

"I'm going with you" The girl said, rushing to your side. You looked at her, unsure at first but ultimately nodded.

Kiko looked up with a confused noise, you stopped letting Nya get her gear, "You stay and take care of your brother" He huffed saluting to you, you giggled before walking out. Up on the deck Nya was already doing something with some sort of device. "Can you locate them?"