S5E2: My demons

Reading time: 18 minutes

Warning: a bit of swearing, anxiety, my headcanons, my grammar
TW: lil bit of gore, softly implied medication abuse, implied(?) manipulation of minors, minor (as in kids) possession

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You breathe heavily, trying your best to get any oxygen through the panic and all the champion level running you were forced to. People were screaming, running in the same direction you were, away from something horrible.

All around you was chaos, the houses and whatnots were quickly catching on purple fire spreading from the source behind you – the Thing you were all running away from. Smoke was filling the are not only making it hellishly hot but also suffocating. But nobody was worried about smoke blocking their airways when this Thing was literally ripping people and dragons left and right, leaving only a bloody mush of meat behind.

You only got a glimpse of it – the Thing.

It's teeth and claws were covered in fresh blood, mouth crooked into a cruel and crazy smile as it was pleased with the amount of despair it caused all living in this place, eyes wide, blinded by a burning desire to cause more distress.

You were so close. So close to freedom. The forest's line just within arm's reach when you felt five clawed fingers cut through your wrist's skin, harshly pulling you back. You yelped, arm still trying to reach for something or someone that could save you from inevitable death at the hands of this monster. But you were too far to reach anything, and nobody dared to look back, let alone help you. Everyone ignored you just like all the other people that died.

You couldn't even blame them.

Your back hit the ground, the Thing immediately pinned you down, it's smile becoming even wider as your terrified screams filled it with even more excitement.

"ZAZA!!!"

__________________________

You jumped, eyes opening wide from both shock and fear. You quickly closed them and groaned as you bonked your forehead against your child's. Kiko poked your cheek with a sad whimper. "Breakfast's ready..." Lloyd said, a hand placed over his forehead as if it could ease the pain.

"I'm so, so sorry, Sunshine! Are you okay?" You quickly grabbed his head in your hands to check him.

"I'm fineeee" He groaned, but didn't pull away. His expression soon changed to one of concern, "I'm more worried about you. You were screaming, again..."

You sighed. "Don't worry, I'm okay" You kissed his forehead and smiled at him, one hand tangled in his hair, rubbing his head gently. As an answer to your words the boy tilted his head, pushing it more into your hand, still frowning in worry.

This kid knew too much. You were, in fact, not okay, ever since you got that weird flashback right before the battle with Chen's fake Anacondrai army your nightmares became worse. At first, you were surprised with your brain remembering something from so long ago, but you became less impressed with yourself soon after.

Of course you'd remember something so awful, no matter how far in the past it happened, horrible things of all were always the most memorable, weren't they?